Removing water/condensation from TYC headlights.

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
wow i have the same ones in black the only time thats happens to me is when i get a car wash. and it just fogs up i guess with steam then it goes away, hope you can get that out. what an eye sore

jdmaccord6

Reaction score
I dont know how the back of the tyc's look, but there might be enough of an openning where a couple little 1 inch packets can slide in. I guess when i had mine open, i put in the larger packets.

If you also search for blackhousing DIY there are instructions on how to open headlights...

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I dont know how the back of the tyc's look, but there might be enough of an openning where a couple little 1 inch packets can slide in. I guess when i had mine open, i put in the larger packets.

If you also search for blackhousing DIY there are instructions on how to open headlights...

+1 hehee I did that when I blackhoused and NEVER a problem. From then on I've been saving all the silica packets I could get my hand on compulsively, for future use :hihi:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
whenever i would drive my car in hard rain....when i would park it...i would take a towel...pop my hoood and dry off the headlights....it seemed to help...

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well i did it for my 5th gen and i havent had a problem since... take a really small drill bit, not super tiny but maybe like 3mm or something (dont kno bit sizes off the top of my head) and drill a small hole in the bottom inner corner and the upper outer corner of the headlights but either under the fender or under the hood so its covered. It gets circulation through it and so if condensation occurs, it leaks right out... do a really small hole so its not visible, i did it to my 5th gen and never had a problem at all, my 6th gen, i did it to the tails...

it beats having to take a part ur headlights and it would take a couple of hours to dry but it works... i did it to my tails also becayse thats where the most condensation develops... especially in the summer time when its hot. and the hole is so small, no1 relizes

Last edited:

confuseid

Reaction score
conclusion? use a drill.

it worked.

there's still crud on the bottom of my headlights unfortunately, but that's from the stuff the dirty water was holding. can't get that out, so...until I rear end someone, I'm stuck with semi-nice looking headlights.

Oh well. Thanks everyone for your input and advice.

Back