Replaced motor

Jax Joint

Reaction score
I live in VA but work in Nevada. My beloved 2001 Accord blew the head gasket while in Nevada. It has around 32000 on it. I took it to the local shop and had a motor shipped from a company on Ebay. After having it a month and seriously over paying, it is installed. Unfortunately it wont rev past 4000 even in neutral and the idle has a slow pulse up and down. My work schedule is crazy and if I had been home I would have tackled this myself. The shop is saying it's because the motor came from an automatic. My car is a straight. I dont believe this. I have contacted several people with knowledge and the company I got the motor from. All have said it doesn't matter. I'm in dire need of this to be resolved and I dont think the shop knows what they are doing. Any ideas on what could be the issue? Thank you.

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
That is a hell of a commute.

Is it like its hitting a fuel cut-off at 4k rpm? As in it revs fine up to 4k, but then hits a hard wall and won't go past or is it slow to build up revs and takes forever to get up to 4k?

Even if the CEL (check engine light) isn't on, I'd still have it scanned and see what codes are stored. That'd be the first step

Jax Joint

Reaction score
It revs fine and hits a wall. I asked them if they checked the cel and he said not yet. I'm ready to take it elsewhere. Yes commute is flying every two weeks. I need my car to drive two hours away to the airport. It drove out here and back to forth to the airport for over a year. I guess it just had enough.

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Yes, take it elsewhere. Scanning the thing should've been the first thing they did. Any autozone, advance, etc can scan it for you for free. Or get yourself a $30 dollar scanner off ebay and do it yourself.

Matheos Kyprianou

Reaction score
Is it an f20b or an h22a? Also check if the ecu matches the engine, if it came from an automatic that might not match.
Also if you have an f20b and it is the automatic version it will make less power

Jax Joint

Reaction score
They finally got it fixed. There were some crossed sensor wires. Once I said I would just come get it they somehow managed to fix the issue. It's running great. Thanks for everyone's help and input.

20210705_184437.jpg

Back