Replacing coilovers - FF2 or koni yellow?

kamozee

Reaction score
I'm stuck in a decision between getting Form & Function 2 or replacing my koni yellow shocks. Koni will not replace my shocks under warranty since my ground control sleeves are seized onto them. I also have to get new suspension components as my bump stops and shock mounts need replacing...

I have ground control sleeves with the same spring rates as the FF2s...

Price is slightly cheaper with koni yellows even factoring in the cost of replacing the bump stops, shock mounts, GC sleeves, etc.

Benefit of the FF2s is they are install ready.

EDIT: Should also mention that this setup will be winter driven...raise for winter and slam for summer...so the setup should be snow and salt friendly

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the full coilovers have the spring rate you want I'd probably just go with those and sell the GC's. Though I feel I've heard too much negativity about FF to ever buy a set, so I'd probably go with something else. How many miles on the blown Koni's?

Gotta be a way to get those sleeves off, but you can't be too rough or you could damage them I guess. You could always get another set of Koni's then apply anti-seize on the inside of the sleeve. It would suck to be unable to take advantage of the lifetime warranty.

If you have any reputable shops near you, maybe they know a cheap way to get the sleeve off?

kamozee

Reaction score
There's another shop I checked with that is very reliable and the consensus is the same...

Please check out this thread Chris, which I've made to see which suspension parts are needed...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
there is no benefit of function and form suspension. it's trash. i can't believe you even put them in the same sentence with koni :facepalm: :lawl:

for real though, don't get them. i feel bad that you're even thinking about them. i would rather have my megan sleeves that broke after a month than any function and form suspension ever again.

Aman

Reaction score
Koni Yellows are rebuildable - if you can get the sleeves unseized, that may be the most cost-effective way to go while still remaining with a good quality suspension.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
from a good working suspension standpoint, they're terrible. i'm sure the one i put on was blown from the start...it certainly sounded like it. i bought the function and form suspension to replace the ksports i had because one of them finally blew. i had the ksports for 4 years/40k miles and have no complaints...i should've bought them again. the function and form stuff was crap from the start and they didn't handle well at all. the only thing function and form coilovers can do is put your car on the ground and that's really it. as far as suspension goes, they really suck in that department.

kamozee

Reaction score
So that's enough convincing for me...I'll try to get these seized ground control collars off somehow and if not, I'll get new ones

Back