Replacing Exterior Door Handle

lordofgroove

Reaction score
Anybody got any pointers for replacing the exterior door handles on our cars? I need to replace the driver side one. I've got the replacement handle, took the door panel off today. After peeling back the water shield from the panel there is an access hole leading to the handle.There are 2 bolts that hold the handle in place, which i was able to get off however, i was unable to get the handle disconnected from the rod that opens the door, also couldn't get to the screw that holds the lock mechanism into the handle. I wrestled this for about 4 hrs today then lost my stream and put it all back together. Anybody ever done this?

wg2k7

Reaction score
bump.
i need to replace my outer passenger side door handle and was hoping i could get some help here because id rather not shell out the 100 i was quoted today. if anyone has any advice pelase help me out

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Give it a search. I think I recall a couple threads on door handle replacements.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Your best bet,

AZ-TAC-PhotoShoot%20049.jpg

:deal:

Seriously, I got quotes of about $90/handle. Probably better to just let a shop do it for you to ensure it's done right. It's a pain from what some shops have told me.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
it takes like 20 mins to swap the handle with proper tools.

On our cars,there are 2 10mm bolts holding the handle in place.
then a spin clip you need to unclip and pull the rod out off.
Then theres a brass U looking clip under the lock you need to pull down*towards the ground*-handy pick tool or the speical tool they sell for this-
The handle will slide out.

do not touch the screw on the lock,you will drop it and probably not find it in the door.since its so small.

Latest posts

Back