Researcher and novice engineer entering the scene

Jin Marui

Reaction score
Greetings, all.
I suppose I could say that I'm a noob as far as car ownership goes, having just purchased my '99 CG2 around July 08. It's actually the first car I've ever owned, but I've driven and done routine maintenance on several cars of random ages and categories.

I'm an IT guy by profession, and currently working a phone tech-support job for a company i'll not disclose (It's a very, very easy company to contact, and sometimes I'm the only person TO contact...)
I've worked as network admin before, so don't get the wrong idea when I describe my current job. (Even though i'm currently posting this from work :eek:)

I could say that I'm technically-inclined, and I've done the IT thing for a while, but I'm looking to blend into a more mechanical career path.
In short, I'm aiming towards automotive and electronics engineering.

And towards that end, I'll start learning on whatever I have available, until classes start.
...Which means i'll be lurking about and picking your brains. :thumbup:

Jin Marui

Reaction score
Sure.
These were taken shortly after I got her.
I was actually looking for a black one, but I eventually got attached to the color, and named her 'Violet' as a joke to one of my friends.
The name's kind of stuck since then. Hope that's not too :ohyou:

JDQ6I.jpg

JDQYA.jpg

JDRQ2.jpg

JDSHU.jpg

EDIT: 97kb attachment limit, eh? Imgur FTW!

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
i still don't see any pics, lol

edit: now i do

Last edited:

Jin Marui

Reaction score
Only things changed since those pictures are the CD player (took forever to read anything) I swapped with a single-DIN Pioneer MP3 player, a switch to Royal Purple 5W-30 with a Bosch filter, Bosch iridium spark plugs, a wheel bearing on the rear driver-side, and about 15000 miles.

Coming up soon is a battery relocation to the trunk, and installation of an off-brand (Spectre :eh:? ) SRI I bought on a whim. I'll probably bug you guys about both. :hihi:

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
car looks super clean man, can't wait to see what you do with it

Johnson

Reaction score
Is that her birthday in the picture? She has the same birthday as me! Very clean!

Back