resurface CF hood

cg6boi

Reaction score
okay so my cf hood needs to be redone suuuuuuuper bad, uber status, anyone know a shop in sac that can do this or maybe something i can do myself? its just getting hella sunspots on it and looks faded, it makes me sadder than an Ethiopian watching a mcdonalds commercial....wait, how would he be watching tv?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
thru the window of a store or rich persons house maybe lol

i dont understand how the clear coat on CF hoods go so fast...

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
unless u like sanding alot then it isnt worth the time and money on diy. reclearing is like 200 bucks and they do all the prep 4 u.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
its because people cut corners and save money by using crappy clear coats on there products to save a few bucks a hood.

you can try having a shop wetsand and re clear your hood. that should take care of most if not all of your problem

cg6boi

Reaction score
fosho thanks...hmm it was a hood that i got from a fellow sac 6ga member, the coat was already pretty bad when i got it, it just disgusts me now...u think a maaco or earl sheib paint place can do the werk or shouyld i go to a more reputable shop?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I have to get mine re-cleared too I'm just going to take it to maaco I figure they can't really mess up just doing a clear coat and they said they'd do it for like $150. Just make sure you look it over really well before you leave the shop cause when I had my whole car painted by them there's a few imperfections I didn't notice till after I signed the papers saying I approved of the work they did and went home. then two days later I notice a spot where some of the paint ran and I took it back and they were just like oh well you signed the papers sayin it was good.

jaron001

Reaction score
I have to get mine re-cleared too I'm just going to take it to maaco I figure they can't really mess up just doing a clear coat and they said they'd do it for like $150. Just make sure you look it over really well before you leave the shop cause when I had my whole car painted by them there's a few imperfections I didn't notice till after I signed the papers saying I approved of the work they did and went home. then two days later I notice a spot where some of the paint ran and I took it back and they were just like oh well you signed the papers sayin it was good.

how much they charge you for your for a full dip? i was looking into getting mine done also

juicebox00

Reaction score
its because people cut corners and save money by using crappy clear coats on there products to save a few bucks a hood.

you can try having a shop wetsand and re clear your hood. that should take care of most if not all of your problem

nah, it's because he didn't take care of it. i bought an off brand hood for 200 new and made sure to spray it with 3m wax every time i washed it. been almost 2 years and the clear was still good when i sold it. almost looked new and the car was always parked outside in socal

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
nah, it's because he didn't take care of it. i bought an off brand hood for 200 new and made sure to spray it with 3m wax every time i washed it. been almost 2 years and the clear was still good when i sold it. almost looked new and the car was always parked outside in socal

yeah i can vouch, ( i own his previous hood) and i make sure to wax it every wash (although weather has been weird so haven't washed in a while) and it will last if kept up.

Back