Retro help-pics

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Started my Retro today,using 04' TSX projectors;

I cut the hole on the housing big enough for the projector so sit nice with not to much extra gap in the back.
CIMG1383.jpg

CIMG1384.jpg

Then I moved onto the reflector;Drilled the opening enough for the back-end of the projector to stick out. Is that correct?
Or do i just want the front of the projector through it going from the back? how it sits->
CIMG1385.jpg

and then I put the reflector back onto the housing and notices my holes dont align, SO i wanted adviced before i keep cutting..

CIMG1386.jpg

CIMG1387.jpg

what do yall think?

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Oh man...first of all, have you done any research on how to do this retrofit yourself? You shouldn't have even touched the outer headlight housing yet, that's towards the later stages of a retrofit. Right now all of your attention should be on fitting the projector properly inside the reflector housing of the low beam area. Don't do any drilling, screwing, etc. until you're 100% certain it will be correct. You have to take into account the shroud going in front of the projector, being level, being adjustable (hopefully you're trying to make your retrofit adjustable), before you start tearing into the headlight parts. Take your time, measure twice or three times, cut/drill/screw once.

Before you go ANY further, research these threads until you're 100% confident you understand each step & can do it yourself:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35064
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18483&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77528
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75655

There are plenty more to find, but those should start you off in the right direction.

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Ya iv been going back and forth between Nittanys1 and Syclone accords one.
im going to use syclone accords method with the springs/wingnuts to aim them.

and im going to end up doing 1) to my reflector..already have the projector mounted to the housing.and i do have a little leveler im using
1) Cut out the entire low-beam area and mount projector directly to the back of the headlight housing
and the shroud is 5 10/32"..so i have another 1" of play i can cut out before it goes out of range.

pics:
just a mock up..still need to put the springs on.
gotta trim up the reflector a tad more. before ill take pics

CIMG1390.jpg

CIMG1389.jpg

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
The problem with mounting the projector to the main headlight housing is you'll lose a LOT of foreground light by having the projector so far back.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Well those arnt final shots..the springs i added give it almost an 1 farther up. if i put them like

Screw->projector->Spring on screw->housing..due to the spring there all compressed give it an 1" or little less.

trying to figure out the best way to put them..so when i tighten/untighten they will move accordingly to aim..but right now my leveler is dead in the middle.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I dont think i messed it up too much... :/
Did the spring method.and they move up,down/left or right depending on what i tighten or untightn..Only thing is i cant get to them when the headlight is on..so ill need to see what they look like slide them off make adjustments and slide them back on..so well see..

CIMG1392.jpg

CIMG1394.jpg

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I dont have the shroud yet.I made sure i didnt go past the 5" and some mark tho so everything will be hiddin that i cut out.

still waiting on the shroud, the white CCFL tubes and the main essential part the d2s bulb and conversion..

Back