Retrofit Club

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
I've decided I need to do a retro. And by need, I mean want. And by want, I mean will!

Ordered some used OEM lamps, $50 shipped with no cracks or scratches. Still unsure as to what projectors to use, leaning towards either e55 or TSX. However I am constantly on the lookout on craigslist for s2k's or tsx's being parted out, hoping I'll score a nice pair for cheap from someone who is looking for a quick sale.

Nice work by all of you guys, true inspiration.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
I say wait till you can get ur hands on a pair of S2k's, in terms of what we can fit in our housings, they're the best to get in terms of width and output. Sure they're not bixenon, but they'll beat a pair of E55's any night in terms of lighting the road lol. And if you really wanna go all out, go for the clear lens swap on em :thumbup:

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on E55's, I don't really need the BiXenon anyway. I will probably not go for s2k's unless I come across a good deal. If I saw a pair for $280 and I had the money on hand, I would probably go for it. I know someone who has a TSX, and I know that I would be very contempt with them.

Something I was wondering, Is whether or not using a projector for high beams would work well. I bought a cheap pair of camry projectors, going to see if they do anything. I wouldn't be looking for clear cutoff or anything, I just figure that they would focus the light better then the stock housing. I'm expecting the camrys to not be very wide, If so, into the round filing cabinet they go.

Not worried about the added work, though high costs would turn me off to the idea.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Well I know for a fact that there's a 6th gen with projector high beams, just not sure who it is, but I saw it on customlightz.com
honda.jpg

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
i will see if i can find some pictures..but the guy who did my retrofit used to have the quad setup also....not really sure if it is worth it to be honest..but maybe it is

SykVSyx

Reaction score
i will see if i can find some pictures..but the guy who did my retrofit used to have the quad setup also....not really sure if it is worth it to be honest..but maybe it is

Going along with this, one of our TAC Member's did a quad retro and he has gone back to single retro, if that helps at all.

As for projectors, if you are thinking S2K, then TRY and find the AP1 projector's, currently one of, if not the best projector for a retro.

Back