Retrofit Progress

av6g6

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen this over on v6p, but figured I'd post on here to for those that haven't seen. This will be my third retro. Had to redo my first because of a collision, but this one is to upgrade from my current tsx projectors.

I got some projectors form a lexus rx330 (traded for an 8g ipod) and started retrofitting them into my headlights.

This is what the Current set looks like
The fog lights are actually lexus es300 fog light housings with a hybrid projector I made of an es300 and chrysler LHS (Bosch mini) projector.
IMG_2591JPG.jpg

Projectors going in
PICT0045.jpg

Mounted up
PICT0007.jpg

IMG_2655JPG.jpg

I blackhoused the trim in the headlights
Photo001.jpg

IMG_2689JPG.jpg

After I finished blackhousing the trim, I loosely put the headlights back together to get an idea of how they were going to look. I am going to paint the low beam portion black as well, and use e46 replica shrouds to cover the projectors to give it a more oem look and hide the projector.
IMG_2708JPG.jpg

IMG_2703JPG.jpg

These are the e46-r shrouds
e46_tsx.jpg

av6g6

Reaction score
How much trimming of the projectors were involved

The only trimming I had to do was cutting the little posts off the top for the AFS function when they were in the lexus. If you look at the pic of just the projectors one is trimmed and one is untouched.

av6g6

Reaction score
i hope to get a set of thos eventually. did you get clear lenses and spacers?

I actually pulled some e30 lenses from the junkyard (I love when they give you free stuff because they don't know what to charger you for). I just used the stock green lens spacers and it was perfect.

This was about 20 feet away from the wall. The reason the beam bows up on both sides is because I'm still using the stock semi curved cutoff shield. And the rainbow above the cutoff is because I bent the squirrel finders down almost all the way closed.

PICT0003-2.jpg

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I actually pulled some e30 lenses from the junkyard (I love when they give you free stuff because they don't know what to charger you for). I just used the stock green lens spacers and it was perfect.

This was about 20 feet away from the wall. The reason the beam bows up on both sides is because I'm still using the stock semi curved cutoff shield. And the rainbow above the cutoff is because I bent the squirrel finders down almost all the way closed.

PICT0003-2.jpg
Aren't you worried about signs not being illuminated properly without the squirrel finders?

av6g6

Reaction score
No, I usually drive with the fog lights I have which throw a lot of glare above the cutoff. But even before I had the fog lights I only had the tsx projectors which had no squirrel finder. So I expect for the rx to be better. That small rainbow of light will be larger and higher at further distances. I didn't close them completely. We shall see though. If they don't I still have the fog lights which glare some.

Back