Retrofitted OEM Mirrors with led strip

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Great idea, great work. My only complaint would be the rubber seals. I'd rather it be flush similar to the other example posted. It'd be a lot more work, but I think it would improve the look x1000.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am sure there is a way to have the seals on the inside of the mirror and seal it all up with some type of silicone.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
^ That's what I was thinking. Pull out the mirror and do all the work behind it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I had used some black silicone to reseal a portion of the windshield trim and it hasn't budged since, I just don't remember what it was called.

Pretty sure it would work for this application as well.

OP, no issues with water getting in to the LED's at all?

blackcord

Reaction score
wow i like this idea!! lol cool! always thought of it but never knew how to actually put it together lol
Thanks Judy. You should give it a try. If you can retro headlight, then mirrors are a piece of cup cake.:hihi:

Great idea, great work. My only complaint would be the rubber seals. I'd rather it be flush similar to the other example posted. It'd be a lot more work, but I think it would improve the look x1000.
Thanks. I am going to remove the plastic edging and go with ghetto zip ties which should give it a bit more of a flush look. The shape of the current plastic borders actually give it a recessed look and actually the outer lens is flush with the mirror.

^ That's what I was thinking. Pull out the mirror and do all the work behind it.
Yeah, but I still had to do something to hide the cut/groove.

I had used some black silicone to reseal a portion of the windshield trim and it hasn't budged since, I just don't remember what it was called.

Pretty sure it would work for this application as well.

OP, no issues with water getting in to the LED's at all?
I am not really worried about water, cause the led strip is supposed to be waterproof anyway. Actually I went for a car wash yesterday and no issues so far.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
You would have to mod the TSX alittle but I've heard from shops that have done it that its easy just need to trim the edges alittle to get it to align correctly ... Theres actually a few ppl with them in my area

gold4door02

Reaction score
Thanks. I dont think TSX will fit unless you mod the mounting base which is probably a pain.

Thanks. Any pics of the benz strip? Make your and post up your results.

Thanks bro.

Thanks. Actually I knew that the plastic strip would make it look a bit weird. So been thinking about using something else, then it hit me! Black zip ties! I gotta find me some and try that. Luckily the plastic strips are only help on using 3m double sided tape, so it should be easy to peel off and change these out to the zip tie edging.

I know what you mean regarding taking parts from other parts and putting it into our Accords!! I put Nissan Maxima corners into my front corner when I did my HID retrofit. See here for more http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31602

Thanks. Yeah, I had that project in my head for a long time before I finally decided to try it.

Yeah man!! Love the maxima corners. . Giving me some new ideas! Haha

Raul

Reaction score
Really clean and functional mod. If this is too modern for our cars, then so are xenon retrofits, aftermarket navigations, puddle lights, staggered rims etc etc:coffee:

Kelvin, your work is amazing.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I've always liked the puddle lights, but don't think it would work so much with a lip kit. At least I wouldn't want to cut one up to run them.

blackcord

Reaction score
You would have to mod the TSX alittle but I've heard from shops that have done it that its easy just need to trim the edges alittle to get it to align correctly ... Theres actually a few ppl with them in my area
Do you know of anyone on here that has these TSX on their 6th gen? Any links or pics?

Yeah man!! Love the maxima corners. . Giving me some new ideas! Haha
DO EET!

Really clean and functional mod. If this is too modern for our cars, then so are xenon retrofits, aftermarket navigations, puddle lights, staggered rims etc etc:coffee:

Kelvin, your work is amazing.
Thanks Muhib!

I've always liked the puddle lights, but don't think it would work so much with a lip kit. At least I wouldn't want to cut one up to run them.
I've never really liked the look of puddle lights, except for maybe ones in your door mirror pointing down that is connected to your dome light so that when you disarm then it turns on.

Back