RETUNE UPDATE - Erik123456789's Official SOHC Turbo Build!!!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Re: G23 Question..

If your dad is an automotive machinist, then he should be able to build you a nice engine for forced induction. :D

You only got 2 valves to replace? your lucky man...on my lexus I got to replace 10 intake valves at $15 a piece. Not including new valve seals,head gasket...might as well do a timing belt service with all the trimmings as well....the list just grows once you in an engine this deep.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

Always nice to have someone help on builds. Even better when they know what they are doing.

Can't wait to see this done. I'm starting to look for parts for a way down the road (when my f23 goes) g23 build. Have yet to see one boosted. Are you going to before and after dyno? I.E. f23t vs g23t?

Well I can't really do that to compare them because it wouldn't be fair to the f23t. The f23t is just a stock motor on 14psi, and the g23 is gonna have a few more upgrades on higher boost. :D

Erik123456789

Reaction score

If your dad is an automotive machinist, then he should be able to build you a nice engine for forced induction. :D

You only got 2 valves to replace? your lucky man...on my lexus I got to replace 10 intake valves at $15 a piece. Not including new valve seals,head gasket...might as well do a timing belt service with all the trimmings as well....the list just grows once you in an engine this deep.

Yeah that's how it is, it sucks when something goes bad. On mine it was two exhaust valves.. I know it's not that bad but we don't have h22 valves lying around and the f23 valves are different haha, I was hoping for them to be the same. I found a place that has them but my dads busy and I get out of class late on Thursday and Friday so I'm not gonna go pick them up til Saturday when I have time.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score

The head will make no difference on how much boost it can make/hold.

Also 15psi on a T25 is not the same as 15psi on a GT30, so you should be a tad more specific in which turbo you are talking about.

A stock f23 does not like 15psi, on a daily driver, I have been there and done that (stock motor)

If you build it you can throw whatever boost at it you like. You should make decent power, as the h22 head should flow better.

Hope this helps.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

Also 15psi on a T25 is not the same as 15psi on a GT30, so you should be a tad more specific in which turbo you are talking about.

A stock f23 does not like 15psi, on a daily driver, I have been there and done that (stock motor)

If you build it you can throw whatever boost at it you like. You should make decent power, as the h22 head should flow better.

Hope this helps.

Okay got it, thanks for the info!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

Hope this helps.

My compression is pretty good across all 4 cylinders, would I be sacrificing reliability if I wanted to do just a mild boost of like 6 or 7 psi? On a good tune, no OBD1 conversion...just a piggy back.

Sorry for the thread jack!

Drift

Reaction score

With forged pistons and ARP studs, the mechanical section of the engine will be fine at that boost level. It will probably be fine at 25lbs with the proper setup. As long as you have proper management, (NOT an FMU and missing link) and the right injectors and fuel pump.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

Abandoning G23 project, will make a FS thread sometime this weekend.

Atreidies

Reaction score

On a good tune, ...just a piggy back.!

Contradictory statement if I ever saw one.

OBD1 conversion, chipping, and dyno tuning should run around $500.

FMU and ML are around $200, and you might want to throw in around $500+ for the engine rebuild/change you will need the first time it runs lean.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

^ FMU & ML is $100 tops if you know where to buy. Disregard that though! No true tuner should be using that type of setup!

Why the G23 abandonment all the sudden Erik??

Abdi, if you have questions PM me.

Back