revs limited in neutral no CEL manual tran no accel

Fuzz

Reaction score
You can get a compression test done at most garages, just call and ask them.

Compression / Leakdown Tests are common tests done when there are engine problems.

Misterd0505

Reaction score
ya the car runs... it just runs like ****. i'm stumped cuz i've never seen this problem before.. maybe oil pressure sensor?

teidullie

Reaction score
Ok i really appreciate all the info but it sounds like its getting expensive from what you guys say it may be. If i do get a compression test and a cylinder is down on compression or has none at all what would be the next move ? Where would one go to get these tests done , a performance shop or something like autozone ? I really really hope i dont need engine internals that would be really expensive right ? Im an idiot when it comes to internals

Misterd0505

Reaction score
compression tests are easy to do.. u just need the gauge and the know-how. if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, take it to any mechanic and they'll do it for you. depending on how low the comp. is and which cylinders it affects, it could be a head gasket, blown rings, or a bad head (bent/stuck valves, seats/guides, etc.) you won't know until you get it done though.

Misterd0505

Reaction score
i had this problem and tried everything and its mother but couldn't figure it out till i got the water temp gauge checked. and surely enough, soon as i got that fixed, no problems ever since!

same exact problem? was your gauge working? cuz my h2o temp gauge is working fine..

Fuzz

Reaction score
Dude... Look in the Yellow Pages under GARAGES. Call them. Ask them if they can do a Compression Test.

Why go to a performance place, pay out the rear end in $$$, when "Joe's Corner Garage and Gas" can do it?

If there is no compression or it is horrible, then you need a new motor.

While your at the garage, tell them about the PROBLEM and see if they can spend some time trying to FIX IT. They are Mechanics afterall.

Misterd0505

Reaction score
doesn't necessarily mean he needs a new motor... if the rings are blown then yea, get a new motor.. but if it's just valve train.. get a new head.

Back