riCewu's 2000 Accord Coupe EX

riCewu

Reaction score
i didnt use a heat gun for mine, i baked them in the over at 200 degrees for 15 mins each. then pull them apart, set the back half with the chrome lamps to the side, you dont wanna paint those..take out a couple screws in there down near the amber strip and remove the amber pieces. pull the chrome housings out of the lens and paint the chrome housings. then after its dried put it all back together. hot glue is a horrible idea considering when it gets hot....it melts not only is sunlight on the car hot...the lights themselves get hot so..that guy didnt think that one through. i just reheated the headlights to melt the same glue and pushed them back together. that worked perfectly fine for me.

i got my intake for 40 shipped off ebay and my catback for 200 shipped. if i were you id get the magnaflow duel exhaust and still debadge my car just cause it looks cleaner

I'm going to try the black house next week, any black paint you would recommend?

Also, what intake you get from ebay? And which catback you got? I don't want to spend so much.

jdm00accord

Reaction score
I'm going to try the black house next week, any black paint you would recommend?

Also, what intake you get from ebay? And which catback you got? I don't want to spend so much.

any kind of heat resistant paint. i did some with graphite colored wheel coating (not on my car). but id just say some black engine enamel.

i got the option racing intake and the himoto catback. himoto is made by tenrai and they actually sent me a tenrai instead.

riCewu

Reaction score
any kind of heat resistant paint. i did some with graphite colored wheel coating (not on my car). but id just say some black engine enamel.

i got the option racing intake and the himoto catback. himoto is made by tenrai and they actually sent me a tenrai instead.

Awesome, going down to Napa or Lordco to see what paints they hold, I'm really planning to black them. Just wondering, if I use a heat gun/oven, will it melt the housing itself? That's what I'm worrying about.

So is Option Racing any good? They have some cheap exhaust for the V6 and some other performance parts. I saw the himoto catback, I think its a good deal. Except I don't have any drive on ramps/jack.. otherwise I would get an exhaust.

jdm00accord

Reaction score
Awesome, going down to Napa or Lordco to see what paints they hold, I'm really planning to black them. Just wondering, if I use a heat gun/oven, will it melt the housing itself? That's what I'm worrying about.

So is Option Racing any good? They have some cheap exhaust for the V6 and some other performance parts. I saw the himoto catback, I think its a good deal. Except I don't have any drive on ramps/jack.. otherwise I would get an exhaust.

ive never used a heat gun so idk what itd do to your lights. i baked mine in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 mins. it wont do anything but melt the glue. 200 degrees isnt really that hot if you think about it. you bake a pizza for 15 mins at like 400 degrees.

in my opinion an intake pipe is an intake pipe, brand doesnt matter. the filter it came with is pretty decent too. im going to replace it with an aem one just because i want to, but its just fine with the filter it came with. cheap exhaust parts from ebay will more than likely sound horrible. thats why i got something with a name on it that i knew sounded good. my friend had a tenrai on his prelude and it sounded great so thats why i got the himoto. you could always get 2 megan mufflers or something that you know would sound good, and get a shop to custom weld the piping...you have a jack in your trunk. i assume you have atleast one friend...they will more than likely have a jack in their trunk. so there ya go. two jacks to put your catback on.

Last edited:

riCewu

Reaction score
ive never used a heat gun so idk what itd do to your lights. i baked mine in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 mins. it wont do anything but melt the glue. 200 degrees isnt really that hot if you think about it. you bake a pizza for 15 mins at like 400 degrees.

in my opinion an intake pipe is an intake pipe, brand doesnt matter. the filter it came with is pretty decent too. im going to replace it with an aem one just because i want to, but its just fine with the filter it came with. cheap exhaust parts from ebay will more than likely sound horrible. thats why i got something with a name on it that i knew sounded good. my friend had a tenrai on his prelude and it sounded great so thats why i got the himoto. you could always get 2 megan mufflers or something that you know would sound good, and get a shop to custom weld the piping...you have a jack in your trunk. i assume you have atleast one friend...they will more than likely have a jack in their trunk. so there ya go. two jacks to put your catback on.

Rofl! Never thought of that. Damn thats a good idea. I'm going to see what catback exhaust I can get for cheap but preferably a name brand. How well can a jack hold the car up?

jdm00accord

Reaction score
Rofl! Never thought of that. Damn thats a good idea. I'm going to see what catback exhaust I can get for cheap but preferably a name brand. How well can a jack hold the car up?

haha quite well....that IS what theyre made for after all

how much are you lookin to spend on a catback?

riCewu

Reaction score
haha quite well....that IS what theyre made for after all

how much are you lookin to spend on a catback?

roughly max 400. i'm not looking to blow all my red pocket money on an exhaust I still need to get some tint for the back and an intake and possibly headers lol

Back