riCewu's 2000 Accord Coupe EX

riCewu

Reaction score
i think im just gonna buy a new bumper instead cuz i kinda messed up the cutting with my foglights

but enough about my car!

you should remove the amber strips on your headlights! easiest mod imo and i think it makes the cgs look a lot better

Got a diy for me? Lol I was thinking about jsut using vht nightshade and just blacking that out, but at first clearing it was my first instinct, but what am i going to put behind it? a strip of led like all the other Audi wannabes? lol I've seen a lot of local accord 6th, 7th gens with a strip of blue neon .. it looks pretty sick but i don't know. hook up a DIY to clear the strip! =]

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
nice ride, v6 powa ftw yo :boink:

happy modding.

feel free to ask us questions on anything :roy:

Reaction score
if you wanna make it faster (or at least sound faster aha) get ashort ram intake, its a very easy and noticable mod to do on a tight budget

everyone is gunna tell you to drop your car which is a really good idea since our cars are so high stock

get a lip kit too for instant aesthetic appeal
most importantly HAVE FUN

jdm00accord

Reaction score
first off welcome to the site man.

Got a diy for me? Lol I was thinking about jsut using vht nightshade and just blacking that out, but at first clearing it was my first instinct, but what am i going to put behind it? a strip of led like all the other Audi wannabes? lol I've seen a lot of local accord 6th, 7th gens with a strip of blue neon .. it looks pretty sick but i don't know. hook up a DIY to clear the strip! =]

second off i think removing the amber strips is ugly, just my opinion. wayyyyyy too much chrome. if your opening up the light to take out the amber strip you may as well blackhouse it, thatd make it look alight if your getting rid of the amber. and you dont have to put anything there after removing them...unless you want the led strip. i just have an amber led bulb in mine.

third off. dont spray nightshades on your headlights it will greatly reduce your light output. idk the law where you live but here you cant pass inspection with black tails. i used the nightshades on my tails and when i went for inspection a few weeks ago they told me i wouldnt pass...luckily my family owns a shop and passed me.

riCewu

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies so far!

@LX F23A1; =D v6 ftw!

@Sound Murderer; Yeah I was thinking about ordering an Option Racing SRI, something cheap. At first I had the AEM V2 in mind, but I don't know. I might just go with the AEM, just because I want something more popular.

I want to do the TEIN coilovers, but at the same time I want to save as much money as possible and yeah. Do you happen to know how much some 2" front/rear lowering springs are? Cheapest quality ones!

Lip kit I was planning on, but I don't have the money to have it painted, unless I go with the black/cardon fibre kits.

@jdm00accord; thanks I'm glad to be here! I sort of agree with you about the amber, I mean it might look a lot better if maybe I had a black or white accord, but gold it kind of weird looking. you think it is better to just keep it stock/clean and just worry about performance? I'm waiting on my ignition coils and spark plugs to arrive at my mechanics shop, as soon as my accord is fixed with the misfires I will be hoping to save up and invest in a supercharger or something .. or why not a CL-S swap I've been seeing all over..

jdm00accord

Reaction score
@jdm00accord; thanks I'm glad to be here! I sort of agree with you about the amber, I mean it might look a lot better if maybe I had a black or white accord, but gold it kind of weird looking. you think it is better to just keep it stock/clean and just worry about performance? I'm waiting on my ignition coils and spark plugs to arrive at my mechanics shop, as soon as my accord is fixed with the misfires I will be hoping to save up and invest in a supercharger or something .. or why not a CL-S swap I've been seeing all over..

you can use the "quote" feature so you dont have to do the @, if youre quoting more than one person you can use the "multi-quote" feature.

i dont like the chrome headlights no matter what color the car is. i say spend 8 bucks on some heat resistant paint, open them up, and paint the housings black. id leave the amber strips in, but thats just me. you can look up the diy on how to black house them, if you have trouble finding it just ask me and ill tell you how to do it.
i think working on performance is important, but so is making your car look good. when i started modding i balanced the two, i got an intake and catback first, then i got headlights and a lip. then headers..springs...so on.

riCewu

Reaction score
you can use the "quote" feature so you dont have to do the @, if youre quoting more than one person you can use the "multi-quote" feature.

i dont like the chrome headlights no matter what color the car is. i say spend 8 bucks on some heat resistant paint, open them up, and paint the housings black. id leave the amber strips in, but thats just me. you can look up the diy on how to black house them, if you have trouble finding it just ask me and ill tell you how to do it.
i think working on performance is important, but so is making your car look good. when i started modding i balanced the two, i got an intake and catback first, then i got headlights and a lip. then headers..springs...so on.

Rofl, I always wondered how to do this multiquote rofl!

I bought a heat gun from Canadian Tire for $10 bucks on sale. =] So black housing, I'm pretty sure all you do is get heat resistant black spray paint and spray over every chrome piece in there? How would you stick the whole assembly back together though? I've seen it done on a civic and he used hot glue ROFL! If I reheat the original glue it should just seal up again right?

Yeah I want to get the Magnaflow dual exhaust, a I forget which headers I wanted... I need headers for the v6 engine... but I might go with your idea with intake and catback lol cheapest start up. Intakes are only like 50-60 bucks shipped or something.. exhaust is maybe 400 tops for the magnaflow i think.. Should I go with dual or stay with one and debadge my v6 emblem? =] Sleeper mode.

Thanks!

clean hhwhip

I love it, but at times the gold just really annoys me. Still fast stock with 5 misfires =D

jdm00accord

Reaction score
Rofl, I always wondered how to do this multiquote rofl!

I bought a heat gun from Canadian Tire for $10 bucks on sale. =] So black housing, I'm pretty sure all you do is get heat resistant black spray paint and spray over every chrome piece in there? How would you stick the whole assembly back together though? I've seen it done on a civic and he used hot glue ROFL! If I reheat the original glue it should just seal up again right?

Yeah I want to get the Magnaflow dual exhaust, a I forget which headers I wanted... I need headers for the v6 engine... but I might go with your idea with intake and catback lol cheapest start up. Intakes are only like 50-60 bucks shipped or something.. exhaust is maybe 400 tops for the magnaflow i think.. Should I go with dual or stay with one and debadge my v6 emblem? =] Sleeper mode.

i didnt use a heat gun for mine, i baked them in the over at 200 degrees for 15 mins each. then pull them apart, set the back half with the chrome lamps to the side, you dont wanna paint those..take out a couple screws in there down near the amber strip and remove the amber pieces. pull the chrome housings out of the lens and paint the chrome housings. then after its dried put it all back together. hot glue is a horrible idea considering when it gets hot....it melts not only is sunlight on the car hot...the lights themselves get hot so..that guy didnt think that one through. i just reheated the headlights to melt the same glue and pushed them back together. that worked perfectly fine for me.

i got my intake for 40 shipped off ebay and my catback for 200 shipped. if i were you id get the magnaflow duel exhaust and still debadge my car just cause it looks cleaner

Back