Rim Restoration **painted** 6-29-08 (no 56k)

The Wicked One

Reaction score
Current condition. $50 if your willing to come get them.
3paintedrims006gz7.jpg

DAY 0 picked up these rims from talontsiawd for $17. they look ok in the photo but they where pretty abused.

heres the background. http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14308 and http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14429
Basically he wanted to give/sell them to someone on here who could put them to good use. i ended up picking them up so that i could get some experience with restoration, and then when i finish them i plan to sell them to someone on here for next to nothing (basically i plan to break even after buying the necessary materials.) talontsiawd original plan was to hook one of you guys up, he just didnt have the time to restore them himself. So thats where i come in. i plan to see his original plan out to the end.

Want Them? So if anyone is interested in some cheap rims let me know (preferably local, im in Sonoma County CA). They are Rota Stage 5's 17x7 with a +45 offset (discontinued). Chime in if you want them.

This isn't quite a DIY but ill go over what steps i have taken.
Feel free to leave me tips if you have experience, i am using a couple of DIY from around the net. I am no pro.

DAY 1 Results

-Paint remover on the green and gunmetal rims. The gunmetal one there was turning a nice shade of yellow because the clear coat was wearing out, and i wanted to start fresh with all of the rims anyways.
-Sanding.
-I ended up taking the silver-est one (left one in the pic for day 1 results) to the recyclers because the rim was bent. I am somewhat regretting this decision because i have not had any success locating a replacement one when looking through google.

Day 2 Results
008mj8.jpg

-Took the Tire off.
-Sanding.

Day 3Results
014ax9.jpg

-Polished the lip on the right 2
-Sanding

Day 4 Results

-Pics are pretty self explanatory for what i did.
006wy0.jpg

Last edited:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
Re: Summer Project - Rim Restoration 6-16-08

nice job dude...don't these rims look like the ones gilbert used to have?

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score

Yea, they kinda look like Konig Monsoons. I still have all my centercaps... :p

On another note, i checked the other thread, apparantly they're Rotas, but very similar.

talontsiawd

Reaction score

Monsoons are similar, they have slightly smaller spokes and the look slightly different.

Matt, i should have told you to not take that wheel to a recycler. I looked for a long time for a replacement wheel and have never found one. It's weird because these and the Monsoons where what everybody was rolling back in the day, espeically 17's (on civics), so hopefully you can find another. They should be somewhere i just couldn't ever find one.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
Re: Summer Project - Rim Restoration 6-27-08

worked on them a bit more.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
Re: Rim Restoration 6-29-08 (painted)

Painted two of those bad boys. Ill get better photos soon enough. I ran out of paint and the last isn't quite ready anyways. not sure if i want to polish up the rivets or not.

Back