Rims painted. *Wheels on car pg.8* no 56k

jeffpanya

Reaction score
Re: Painting rims *Pics on page 5

i like the darker last pic you posted !

metrick1235

Reaction score

general opinion is the darker one.. and i agree.. So what is it called.. im looking at painting mine this summer and thats the color i want...

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Going to look past the 'racist' posts on the previous page.......:lawl: but I agree, the last pic the one that doesn't have the gold/bronze look to it is the right choice.

This one please.vvvvv
DSC02392.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Whoa, landslide. Thanks for the opinions guys. Some of you knew, but the darker one is Anthracite, and the lighter one is Magnesium. I like them both, I'm just worried about the Anthracite being too dark. The Magnesium actually isn't bronze at all, it's more of a true gray. But it can look that way when put next to the other.

Thing is, when the Magnesium is by itself, I like it, and I feel like it flows with red better since it's a warmer gray. The Anthracite seems so distant from the red, and when standing far back from the car, it looks pretty close to black which I don't like. But there are red calipers going behind these so that would help pop.

Ugh, sometimes I wish I wasn't so picky...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Well, I'll be the only one and say that for YOUR car, the Magnesium does go better because it's a more neutral color like you mentioned, instead the anthracite which is much "cooler".

I too would worry about the Anthracite looking a little too dark.

Maybe I'm the only one? :hide:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Chris, any chance of seeing a pic with the Magnesium and Anthrcite next to your car, were those samples ones that you actually had in your possession?

swollen_cu

Reaction score

I like the magnesium. It gives the car a more OEMish clean look.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Well, I'll be the only one and say that for YOUR car, the Magnesium does go better because it's a more neutral color like you mentioned, instead the anthracite which is much "cooler".

I too would worry about the Anthracite looking a little too dark.

Maybe I'm the only one? :hide:

This is my thought process exactly, haha. The wheels could look almost black from several feet away, I tried to capture that in one of the photos on the previous page.

Chris, any chance of seeing a pic with the Magnesium and Anthrcite next to your car, were those samples ones that you actually had in your possession?

Yeah, they're mine. There is a photo on the previous page that shows them next to the car, but the photo you posted above (they're actually formed over the A-Spec rim) really shows their finish better. I'll put both samples up to the red tonight, and use the flash on my camera.

I like the magnesium. It gives the car a more OEMish clean look.

Do you say that because it looks like something Honda would provide as an optional wheel color? Or does it remind you of HFP Bronze...lol.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

DSC02380.jpg

They look VERY different in this pic, compared to the previous one........

Seems like more of a gold undertone in the Anthracite, which of course still goes with red, but you want a Red/Gray theme.

Maybe whichever also is closest to the colour of your intake as well?

Back