RIP melted accord :/

samsizzle

Reaction score
**** LONG AWAITED UPDATE 1/16/10***
First off I apologize for my hiatus, as I have just recently relocated to san diego for college and have been super busy with everything going on.

For those of you who do or do not know, a secret fundraiser was given in behalf of my recent events, and a total of $430.00 was raised to help my family out in the form of a Home Depot gift card.

I can not possibly express in words how thoughtful and kind this act was and, quite frankly, I would never have imagined such an act of kindness to have stemmed from being apart of an internet forum. I have been on many boards, and I have to say that this is the only one that I can honestly call home. To all those that donated and even the people who expressed their kind sentiments towards my dire situation-- you helped a fellow member out in a time of need and this shows how selfless each and everyone of you is. I now truly feel like I am apart of the 6GA family and, even though my car is gone now, I plan on getting another accord and coming back bigger and better than before (with the help of you guys ofcourse :D)

Just know that I will be here in any of your times of need. When things get settled, I will definitely be making a donation to the forum. It has not only helped me expand my knowledge base regarding cars, but also gave me something to look forward to each day. I remember times where I would browse the forums for hours and hours just reading all the tutorials and seeing what could be done with our cars, if only you could see the excitement on my face...

The gift card is in possession of my parents, and I will make sure they use it for the betterment of our house. As for the actual update for my house... It is uninhabitable for at least 6 months. We had to yank anything salvageable out and everything else was just tossed. The smoke really messed up things and got into all the rooms, which means new carpet, tile, paint etc. My room was above the garage so it is completely gone. Everything will be replaced, but I am just bummed for the sentimental things that are gone, such as family photo albums and home videos. We were living with cousins for a couple weeks, all 5 of us, and it was pretty hectic. The insurance is paying for our rental house, so we have a house but I can't really call it home just yet.. its too unfamiliar.

I just transferred to UCSD from a local community college, and it is quite the change. I have assignments piling up and the days go by quick. The quarter system is quite relentless when compared to the semester system.

So thats it for the update for now,

A special thanks to those that donated in no particular order:
Members:
* Alex- Project H
*Mike- MikeyMike
*Ronald- TheHunter
*Matt- Juicebox00
*Wen- lwlba
*Chris- RedRyder
*William- hiddengamer7
*Matt- allgonoshow (fixed sry)
*Brandon- finch13
*Patrick- Pattywak
*Tyrell- Mojeans69
*Torn- ix0utlawstarxi
*Joe- likeawp
Staff:
*Roy- DarksideAccord
*Eric- 00Accord4cyl
*Justin- JMillerF23A1
*Gilbert- inspired1
*Cody- Wildman (owner)

and to everyone else who I forgot (let me know) or expressed their kind words in the thread. I thank you all and am grateful for everything you have done. God Bless.

I will be continually updating this thread over the year with info and pics as progress takes place for those that are interested.

Again thank you all, I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

-Samson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so a couple nights ago, something malfunctioned in the garage and a fire broke out which hit a gas canister and within a minute my whole house was ablaze :skurred:

some pics:

2001 Accord LX:
13331_1271902392308_1072320011_812458_7712836_n.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

2007 v6 Camry LE:
IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

from my room looking down (0_0):
IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

everyone got out alright so thats all that matters, we are fully insured. No house for 6 months :/ it is going to be hard to adjust.

thanks for looking. ehh **** happens.. thats life? It could have been a lot worse, considering my room is directly above the burned garage and I was sleeping 10 mins before this happened with my door locked :/ thank god I got up in time. The smoke alarm never went off because all the smoke was in the garage and didnt get into the house until I opened the garage door and a cloud of thick black smoke started to pour in. I guess you should always be prepared, because I could seriously not be here right now...

happy holidays everyone, thanks for all the kind words and God bless.

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
holy ****, glad to hear that you and you're family are okay.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
wow man, thats real ****ty, especially this time of the year. thank god everyone got out ok, thats never a good situation. hope everything goes well.

pattywak

Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone is alright. It's a terrible thing that happened, but you're right, **** happens. I'm sure you will bounce back in no time - your 6GA brothers got your back! :thumbup:

eggs

Reaction score
sorry to hear about that im glad to hear that everyone is ok though thats all that really matters

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
**** me. Can't even imagine what you must be going through, sorry man. Things will get back to normal before you know it. Keep us posted on how things are going! New car for you? :naughty:

Back