RIP my 6GA....

jaw819

Reaction score
fml.jpg

IMAG0825.jpg

so, i stopped at a redlight, in the left turn lane. light turned green. (redlight was at the intersection of the gas station you can see in the background, so obviously it wasnt that far from.) i made my left turn into the left lane of this 2 lane road (2 lanes each direction.) a tahoe was in front of me. and i decided to get over into the right lane. so, i check my mirrors, and my blind spot, and get over. and as im getting over, i glance over at my girlfriend. i complete the lane switch, look up, and there's a chevy equinox infront of me. COMPLETELY STOPPED. keep in mind the speed limit on this road is 55 MPH. no turn offs or anything. it's a highway, pretty much. but with a grassy side. like why not pull off the road, or even turn your hazards on? or something?

so i slam on the brakes. and bam. into her. she goes rolling forwards, almost as if she let go of the brake when i hit her. so she rolled a few hundred feet. i honestly think to make it look like i hit her harder than i did. idk. but anyway.
so she rolled way up there into BFE, so i pulled forward a bit. and i pulled off the road. and a cavalier pulled up behind me, and 2 girls jumped out and ran over there.
me: 'do yall know them?'
girl 2: 'yeah, we're with them.'
GF: 'why the hell were they stopped in the middle of the road?'
girl 2: 'oh, they were waiting for us to catch up.'
REALLY?
so, its a lady in the equinox and her 4 kids. and i run over there and ask if they're okay. and noone talks to me. so i call my mom, then i call 911. dispatch asks if i need an ambulance. i tell her no, she tells me to go ask the other car. and noone answers me. so i explode. '911's on the phone. do you need a f***ing ambulance or not?'
so mommy tears up, puts her hands on her neck, starts crying her eyes out, and nods her head yes. so police and fire rescue etc. arrive. and yeah.
They were from Arkansas.
dang tourists..

IMAG0821.jpg

so, from my understanding, they wanna say its my fault, legally because i hit them from behind. BUT, also because there's no witnesses to confirm that they were completely stopped in the middle of the road..
so i'm not sure where that's going.
AND, they wanna total my car. the adjuster declared it totaled, but they're going to take it apart in the morning and confirm. if not, it's getting repaired, and i'm getting an 01 coupe bumper.
The adjuster said if its totaled, i'll get about 2k for it... BS.
the car's worth 3500-4000 kbb value.
00 ex coupe 5mt. 164,xxx on it. good shape.

and i'm wondering, if they do, can i pull my wheels and coilovers? i still have stockies i can put on.
so, i've got a lot on my plate...
i also found a local 01 coupe ex 5mt, white, tan cloth. for 5k. 119,xxx. very good shape. i'm considering.

but, we weren't injured. and i guess that's most important...

Sorry guys...

/Rant.

1slosedan

Reaction score
i glance over at my girlfriend. i complete the lane switch, look up

Road head is very distracting sir. On a more serious note, hopefully you can some how find a break and they will have told the cops they were STOPPED in the road. Another thought, next time you get in a wreck ( which hopefully doesn't happen) call 911 first, not your mom.

Um, check with your insurance and see if they don't give you money for your coilovers. When I was rear-ended I got a whole new rear end from a donor Accord, and they re-dynamatted my entire trunk. Allstate covered, and replaced my car's modifications. As for wheels, you should have no trouble swapping them out for the stock ones. Just make sure to communicate to your insurance company, and don't be afraid to put a foot down.

jaw819

Reaction score
Road head is very distracting sir. On a more serious note, hopefully you can some how find a break and they will have told the cops they were STOPPED in the road. Another thought, next time you get in a wreck ( which hopefully doesn't happen) call 911 first, not your mom.

Um, check with your insurance and see if they don't give you money for your coilovers. When I was rear-ended I got a whole new rear end from a donor Accord, and they re-dynamatted my entire trunk. Allstate covered, and replaced my car's modifications. As for wheels, you should have no trouble swapping them out for the stock ones. Just make sure to communicate to your insurance company, and don't be afraid to put a foot down.

baha, not quite. :p
i hope so sir. thank you. and i know i know, i just wasn't sure what to do, and wanted my mother there. haha. it was literally a 10 second call.

well i appreciate the advice_.

Joe_Kokomo

Reaction score
My condolences! Accidents are tuff, but you have the bottom line right, you and your gf are safe.

1slosedan

Reaction score
Being that she was stopped in the road, with 4 children in the car.. Would you say she is the kind of person who may sue your insurance company? I would also advise speaking with a traffic lawyer. If you had a case, and could subpoena the passengers in the cavalier, you might be able to get this dropped/removed/reversed.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
i will never ever go to arkansas if thats the way people drive there .. glad youre ok tho !!

i can imagine it now .. "stop your mini van in the middle of the road !! we cant catch up !!!!!!"

now that i think about it .. she was probably on her phone too otherwise she wouldnt have known to stop in the middle of the road to wait for her homies ..

9450erick

Reaction score
sorry to hear about the car man
good thing you not leavin the forum though and you cool
and ur girl is a witness

Back