RIP Tranny

1999EX

Reaction score
Yes sirrr! i knowww right, ughh i wish i could just knock ssome ****ing sense into them!

My tranny was pretty jacked up as well (almost had to get a different core). I paid $2700 which was high compared to some of the quotes I got but had best warranty. Make sure they replace electronics (solenoids) as well. I also got my front axels replaced in that price too.

WilDFirE

Reaction score
sad.

This thread makes me think, is there an official trans failure story thread?

JetLife

Reaction score
My tranny was pretty jacked up as well (almost had to get a different core). I paid $2700 which was high compared to some of the quotes I got but had best warranty. Make sure they replace electronics (solenoids) as well. I also got my front axels replaced in that price too.
Yeahhh, im not sure if they are, ill ask my dad.
So should I start getting the tranny ready for you??
LMAO i wish i could say yes to that :(
sad.

hmmm...i think soo. this could become the office storys of tranny failure lol
should be come sticky :D

JetLife

Reaction score
UPDATE: So i got my car back from the shop 4000$ later, now I'm having a problem with one of my pulleys. Horrific sound! not 100% sure how many pullies are damaged or anything. I'm hoping on getting new Underdrive pulleys if i can

TheHunter

Reaction score

I believe I paid $2600 in the end... for a 6 speed :p

sad.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums...785-offical-j30-dead-transmission-thread.html

EscoStylez

Reaction score
UPDATE: So i got my car back from the shop 4000$ later, now I'm having a problem with one of my pulleys. Horrific sound! not 100% sure how many pullies are damaged or anything. I'm hoping on getting new Underdrive pulleys if i can

wait u paid $4000??? that's more than the car is worth

Jefe02

Reaction score

I believe I paid $2600 in the end... for a 6 speed :p

See should have gone with the 6 speed.

Back