rockford or alpine?

iHazSnail

Reaction score
not the best pic but here
29042008227.jpg

nexTOme

Reaction score
id go to best buy or some place and listen to them first....then decide...

kn0x47

Reaction score
i've always preferred alpine but in this case i'd pick the fosgates. i think the type-x's are over price. plus if you're only running 600watts to each sub then a 3000watt speaker is a waiste( i assume you're using the power acoustiks). the type-r would probably be a better comparison to thos fosgates. i'd look into finding out the optimal size for the different speakers and buying which ever is closest to the size box that you have.
i havent owned or heard that fosgate or the type-x but i have 2 type-r 10s and love em. i wanted the newest one but i cant find anyone to buy my other 2...

kn0x47

Reaction score
i'm not trying to go all off topic- just trying to help you out, but are you buying more amps too? if not you're going to lose dbs, if you are you're only adding approx 3db per speaker. you can add 3 db per speaker just by making a ported box instead of buying more speakers,amps, wires, etc...it'll save a lot of money. unless you're going to buy different size subs, i'd stick with just two and build your new box to the optimum size for thos specific subs.

HillACCORD

Reaction score
i am going to purchass the subs and am not using the old fiberglass set up, i am going to use a mdf box probably( most likely ported) i will probably use the amps i have untill i purchass a rockford amp

kn0x47

Reaction score
then i say the rockford subs. a slot port will give you the deepest bass. i'd recommend building the box to the optimal size - itll sound better. i think winISD is one of the best now but ajdesigner is easy to use. i dunno if you've used software like that before but you put in certain specs about the sub and the program will tell you the best size to build the box and it can tell you about how many dbs it'll hit.

post pics when you get it all done with

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
I'd go with the t1's. I currently have 2 old school 12" punch hx2 from rf. I made a custom box which was 4.1 cubes tuned down to 32hz.
Here's some vids of them with about 400rms each sub.

Back