Roof Rack sizes????

Reaction score
Fairly new to this site, and don't really understand how the search function works. I'm in the market for a roof rack for my 2000 Honda Accord 4dr and would like to know the exact size/diameter and other dimensions for a roof rack to fit properly. Not looking for a Yakima or Thule. And don't want to spend too much money on this. Thanks!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you planning on fabricating your own? Members who own racks could measure theirs for you if they are willing.

Search is pretty simple, it's all about trying different keywords. So you could start with 'roof rack', 'rack', 'Yakima', etc and see where that gets you. The advanced search helps to hone your search even further.

Reaction score
Thank you for the info on the search bar!

But I dot think I'll be making my own, but i see a lot on eBay with different diameters and was wondering which is the right size for my car.

GERM

Reaction score
i would just save up and get a thule or yakima. you dont need a particular size with those all you need is the correct clips. you can also search your local craigslist for used inexpensive ones. as far as those cheap ebay ones, you're just going to be wasting your money. a buddy of mine but a cheap ebay one that said was specifically designed for his scion xB. let me tell you that it fit horrible. he was able to put it on, but you could move it with one finger. also they don't look good. just wait for a good deal on a yakima or thule. i don't advise on cheap knockoffs

james'99

Reaction score
Best way to search this forum is go to google and type in whatever you would like to search and follow is with site:6thgenaccord.com

For example.

Roof Rack site:6thgenaccord.com

It will only give you results from this website.

nine23

Reaction score
I had a Thule on my car that came off a 01 Acura CL. Fit perfectly... cant really help on size but I would have to agree to just find a used one you will be a lot happier!

Back