Rpm and speedo needles

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
I removed my cluster needles and now they are not at all calibrated, I know how to put the gas gauge back on correctly but don't know how to put the other 3 on! Help pleade

james'99

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is gonna take a bit of doing.

http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ultragauge_wired.htm

Get this. Put the car on jack stands and put it in drive. Please stand clear. This isn't one of the safer tasks.

I assume you knew where your operating temperature was. Once you are there, put the needle on there. Ultra-Gauge has a coolant readout. My normal temp is 186ish with a 170 degree thermostat. I can count the tick marks where mine lies at that temp if you need tomorrow. For the RPM and speedo. Put the car in gear and let off the brake CAREFULLY. If you're manual, just let out the clutch in first gear. Same way you would start rolling the car. The wheels will run at a constant speed being in the air. The ultra-gauge will tell you the wheel speed and the RPMs. Put the needles where they should be. Speedo should read ~2-3 MPH high depending on your speed. Lower speeds, it tends to read 2 mph but 60+ it tends to be about 3-4 high as compared to and GPS and the Ultra-Gauge so if you are trying to tell where they should be, make the needles read higher than lower.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is gonna take a bit of doing.

http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ultragauge_wired.htm

Get this. Put the car on jack stands and put it in drive. Please stand clear. This isn't one of the safer tasks.

I assume you knew where your operating temperature was. Once you are there, put the needle on there. Ultra-Gauge has a coolant readout. My normal temp is 186ish with a 170 degree thermostat. I can count the tick marks where mine lies at that temp if you need tomorrow. For the RPM and speedo. Put the car in gear and let off the brake CAREFULLY. If you're manual, just let out the clutch in first gear. Same way you would start rolling the car. The wheels will run at a constant speed being in the air. The ultra-gauge will tell you the wheel speed and the RPMs. Put the needles where they should be. Speedo should read ~2-3 MPH high depending on your speed. Lower speeds, it tends to read 2 mph but 60+ it tends to be about 3-4 high as compared to and GPS and the Ultra-Gauge so if you are trying to tell where they should be, make the needles read higher than lower.

Probably not the right place to put his but I just went out and brought a new cluster... Is there a way to clean off the filter without removing the needles?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Cleaning the light blue filter requires vigorous scrubbing which can't be done by just peeling up the gauge face. If you remove the needles you need to make tick mark where the gas and temp are supposed to be, as well as the idle. And make sure they don't spin, etc. Talontsiawd and Shenaniganz08 both have threads with lots of information on doing this, give them a read.

Back