RSX-S Steering Wheel INstalled!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you don't use cruise control, why did you install the module? I think it would look better without it. Either way, looks good!

Raymond

Reaction score
noob question, but how/where do you check to see if your car is dual airbag or not? I want that wheel!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
noob question, but how/where do you check to see if your car is dual airbag or not? I want that wheel!

If your car has driver & passenger airbags, you should have 'SRS' embossed on the airbag cover on the steering wheel, and on the bottom right-hand corner of the dash panel above your glove compartment (which you would have if your car is dual restraint).

DSC00653.jpg

Last edited:

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Got the beige RSX wheel so yay join the club! :)

Im thinking eventually to rewire the crusie control a tad bit and make it work.
Where do you plan on getting the H logo?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
If your car has driver & passenger airbags, you should have 'SRS' embossed on the airbag cover on the steering wheel, and on the bottom right-hand corner of the dash panel above your glove compartment (which you would have if your car is dual restraint).

DSC00653.jpg

really? I thought all cars had that..im pretty sure my 99 does too..but if you say so than awsome..But I thought you have to open the cover on the bottom of the wheel to see the plugs how many you have 1/2?

Raymond

Reaction score
Yeah I've got both airbags and the logos on my '99 coupe. Good to know. I'll def. keep an eye out on Craiglist for it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
really? I thought all cars had that..im pretty sure my 99 does too..but if you say so than awsome..But I thought you have to open the cover on the bottom of the wheel to see the plugs how many you have 1/2?

It's a possibility I suppose, it would seem odd though that Honda would release a car that would have the SRS logo on a panel if there's no airbag under it.

Checking the wiring or owners manual would be a good idea, just to be sure.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
its about the dual stage airbags...it either inflates fast or slow, depending on impact speed determined by the sensor. old airbags inflate at one speed, whether youre hit at 15mph or 50.

we all have dual airbags...its that the 01-02s (maybe 00s, can't remember) have the dual stage airbags and therefore the correct plugs to work with the rsx/s2k/civic/etc bags.

and are you seriously using a cassette adapter in 2010? :hide: :lawl:

finch13

Reaction score
its about the dual stage airbags...it either inflates fast or slow, depending on impact speed determined by the sensor. old airbags inflate at one speed, whether youre hit at 15mph or 50.

we all have dual airbags...its that the 01-02s (maybe 00s, can't remember) have the dual stage airbags and therefore the correct plugs to work with the rsx/s2k/civic/etc bags.

This. You can use all wheels if you want to do a little custom wiring. All you need to do if figure out which pair of wires is for which stage and wire up the faster stage to you single stage SRS module.

Back