Rubbing question

Stile442

Reaction score
Ok guys I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but let me explain. I was planning on getting rims after I installed coilovers but sometimes theres a deal to good to pass up. A fellow student wanted to go back to stock before he returned the car to his parents and traded me rims for my stockies. :lolrun:

Now I've got 17x7 TSW's with 205/40/17 on a 4x4 (soon to be remedied)

newshoes004.jpg

My question is what can I possibly be rubbing on? in a sharp lean right turn I get a rubbing in the rear. The bumper tab is clear.. any ideas? I want to add some meat to the tires by going to a 215/50/17 but want to figure this out first.

Thanks All!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Your rubbing on your bumper tabs. To be honest though, I don't see how you could be rubbing anywhere. You have about 6 inches is wheel gap.

Johnson

Reaction score
your shocks are marshmallows your not supposed to take sharp fast turns. ask your friend what offset it is

JDMAccord00

Reaction score
has to be the offset, same thing happened to me when my car was stock height...i hate the scraping sound :beer:

finch13

Reaction score
Like the others said, probably offset since you're not lowered.

A 215/45R17 tire would be a perfect fit.

And I would have traded for TSW's in a heartbeat, 4x4 or not, that's a great wheel and an awesome trade.

Stile442

Reaction score
Ok done some more digging. My stock rims were 45 offset. TSW 17x7 are 35 I found from a civic site. Not sure if mine are exactly same, I would think so though. Is it possible to take the wheel off and find it on the back? And if the offset is indeed to low would I just buy some spacers for the rear? I'm taking a crash course in rim/tire science so bear with me.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Most rims have the offset etc embossed on the back of one of the spokes.

You will want 215/50/17 tires to keep factory diameter and your speedo accurate. Just so happens I have some for sale that are like new if you're interested. :naughty:

Back