Rusted cat bolts....

finch13

Reaction score
Wd40 is a lubricant not a penatrater. You need something like pb blaster.

Also i wouldnt run ur car without the exhaust manifold, exhaust temps will go sky high...its not good for ur valves.

Third, you need to put box wrench on there and wack those bolts with a hammer.

WD-40 is a penetrant, it's just not a potent as PB. To be honest, whenever I have been in a bind with a seized bolt...neither one has EVER worked for me.

They're both overrated IMO. There is really no replacement for pneumatic tools and a propane torch when it comes to stubborn bolts.

Water Displacement - 40th Attempt, not a penetrant or a lubricant.

Just get a grinding wheel and cut the f*ckers off. Sprays never work that well. Especially when the bolts are heat seized

This. /thread

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the quickest and easiest way i ever got the bolts off was by doing a sick nasty burnout at a traffic light in the rain. once the wheels start hopping, itll shake everything real well, and if your bolts are corroded enough, the nuts should just rip right off. you will need new nuts and bolts though, but you should replace them anyway.

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
I had to do this a few times to get it right, especially when I had to remove my custom exhaust to sell on the forums.

Use PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench! Spray and let it sit for 3-5 mins, then spray a little more and wait a couple more minutes. Then wipe off excess so bolt doesn't slip. It should come off easily.

When you reinstall, use ant-seize grease.

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
the quickest and easiest way i ever got the bolts off was by doing a sick nasty burnout at a traffic light in the rain. once the wheels start hopping, itll shake everything real well, and if your bolts are corroded enough, the nuts should just rip right off. you will need new nuts and bolts though, but you should replace them anyway.

:lolhitting: i dont see how that would ever work, but if im desperate i guess ill try anything.

But before i resort to something like that, ill just throw it on the lift this weekend, use the pbblaster and have a try at them with an impact wrench set.

if all else fails, i hear the shops only charge you around one "Andrew Jackson" to torch them off

SKUNKWRKZ

Reaction score
I sheared one of mine even with PB blaster and a torch.....SO I drilled it out and put a stainless bolt/lock nut on it. Those bolts see some serious heat/corrosion/mileage etc etc

Back