Rusted subframe need help quick!

felixt

Reaction score
Yesterday morning, I noticed a single knocking sound when turning right. I looked on the Internet and it seems that my CV axle is bad and needs to be replaced.
I went to my local garage yesterday to take a look at it and they told me the CV axle was OK. However, I needed to change the subframe and the sound was coming from there. They told me that I should not drive with it being in this condition. Is it that bad? I've seen worst online..
Thank you!
ragapu3a.jpg

ynatupuq.jpg

felixt

Reaction score
Do you guys think I need to replace the whole subframe or it would be OK to weld it?

Wid

Reaction score
That looks toast to me.

My previous 6th gen had less rust than that and the guy that would have done it for me said I needed one from a yard. He wouldn't bs me and is a very talented mechanic so when I see yours I think there's no chance.

I ended up buying a front subframe for 200$ (Canadian) and he put it in for $200. Which is an absolute steal for the kind of work involved.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i wouldnt chance leaving it or welding such an important piece, the clunking noise wouldnt happen if that subframe wasnt holden a decent amount of weight/force. and yeah that subframe looks toast

felixt

Reaction score
Thank guys I guess I'll change it because other then that, the car is mint and only has 80 000 km.

Back