S-spec's G23 build-up! *WITH PICS*

S-spec

Reaction score
Re: S-spec's G23 build-up!

Well, unfortunately, after driving the car around for about an hour, cyl 4 yeilds ZERO compression. My thoughts are that the JDM shop i got the head from screwed me.

SO, lucky for you guys, I got my hands on another head from some friends, pulled the motor last night, and expect a full how-to by early next week.

S-spec

Reaction score
Picks are up! CAR IS DEAD! :(

A VERY important detail was left out of the other build threads. Or at least, I didn't read it, or see it, whatever.

You NEED the oil jet from the H23. Otherwise, you get THIS. :(

Now, since I didn't use the stupid Jet, this is what I found when I took off the head:

Cylinder 4:
dscn1030gw1.jpg

dscn1032tx7.jpg

From underneath:
dscn1040rv0.jpg

The Oil Pan!:
dscn1035fa2.jpg

The piston, and whats left of connecting rod #4:
dscn1042sp2.jpg

dscn1043bk9.jpg

The girdle:
dscn1046fk7.jpg

CARNAGE!!!
dscn1044nf9.jpg

Last edited:

S-spec

Reaction score
SO, whats the plan now?

I had a block lying around with a stripped head bolt hole, however, seeing as I need to send the block out bare, it would be cheaper for my to just buy another full engine from scrap.

But, I also have an H23 block, which is in EXCELLENT condition, so I might just use that! We shall see what I can get my hands on for cheap cheap.

I'll check in soon boys. Ciao.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
:eekwtf: tht never happened to my g23 :aznrun:

wat is an oil jet? u said the vtec head has it built into the head.. pix of tht maybe? :thinking:

truonghthe

Reaction score
dam you score the cyl wall man, so you gona puting another H series motor in there? good luck bro.

Back