Sad & frustrating day

Accord_Sleeper

Reaction score
Today I hydrolocked my car. It wasnt the battery cause I jumped started it a couple of times and still dies out. So it definately hydrolocked on me.

The car:
-No power when I gassed it trying to get down the street to the nearest autozone
-Flashing "check engine" & "D4" lights
-Car dies
-Car won't start

I'm really upset cause this might be the end for my car and the motor and thanks to the flash flooding in my area when I got out of school I end up getting the CAI soaked.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu . I feel yah. That's why I always keep an SRI in the trunk with tools ..:(

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Lol hydrolocking means your engine is locked. In other words, it wont turn over....at all, you turn the key and nothing happens but a click of the starter, thats what hydrolocked is.The reason is because u cannot compress water in your cylinders and it stops the engine from turning over as your cylinder reaches tdc.

If u suspect u have stalled out from water, instead of trying and trying to start the car, take ur spark plugs out and then turn the key on. Your engine should shoot any water out of the engine like a sperm whale.

In my opinion, ur plugs are probably just wet or need to be replaced thats why ur not running well.

GL

Drift

Reaction score
I have an h22 complete bolt in swap for you then!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
lol hydrolocking means your engine is locked. In other words, it wont turn over....at all, you turn the key and nothing happens but a click of the starter, thats what hydrolocked is.the reason is because u cannot compress water in your cylinders and it stops the engine from turning over as your cylinder reaches tdc.

If u suspect u have stalled out from water, instead of trying and trying to start the car, take ur spark plugs out and then turn the key on. Your engine should shoot any water out of the engine like a sperm whale.

+1

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu . I feel yah. That's why I always keep an SRI in the trunk with tools ..:(

or in case of an emergency just keep a screw driver handy and take off the pipe from the throttle body ... i haven't had to do it but if i did that's what i'd do

imaricer:)

Reaction score
uh dosnt this sound more like a tranny failure than dro lock? well idk it only happened to me once and started right back up after a few min.

Back