save-the-frzbox donations

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
OMG I left 6ga for like 2months and this is what happens we dont have a shout box what has the world come to...Where i cant share care talk and induendos with random ppl across the net for free

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
you know the AIM chatrooms aren't a bad option...its free...i usualy used the shoutbox in a separate window anyway...and im on AIM when i surf here also...

not saying i wouldn't pay to join this site...but if it's expensive i really might not...seems like 5-6 people really pushing cody to spend his own money with only promises to pitch in....but what happens 3-4 months down the road....or even years...there are tons of folks that come on here and are active...then just are gone...im just afraid it may be too much trouble to get the shoutbox back when what we have now is still great...and AIM is free and isn't any harder to use....

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. We already have some people not showing up nearly as much as they used to because the shoutbox is gone. The shoutbox is NOT the only reason for an upgrade, the forum grows and so must the server on which it's hosted.

ohh and for the record...i wouldn't donate haha..the benefits just wouldn't be worth it..i never use the shoutbox....i like what danny said
You're part of the staff, you'd figure you would care enough to donate a few bucks here and there... but with that attitude I guess not.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
You're part of the staff, you'd figure you would care enough to donate a few bucks here and there... but with that attitude I guess not.

yes i am part of the staff..but this is also a forum site...why would i want to pay monthly for a shoutbox i don't use??? i would donate for like a one time payment thing if we needed money...but i am saying i wouldn't want to pay extra money monthly just to be able to have a shoutbox...guess i should of said pay instead of donate in my other post..i love 6thgen, but i am not going to send money every month for a "membership"...and i don't think many other people would either...so if we are going to have a membership there would need to be a huge benefit...

i don't see why everybody is so bent up about the shoutbox anyways...is the aim thing bad?? i think that works out better since then it is a seperate window...and it doesn't lag the site any..

shavedaccord

Reaction score
yes i am part of the staff..but this is also a forum site...why would i want to pay monthly for a shoutbox i don't use??? i would donate for like a one time payment thing if we needed money...but i am saying i wouldn't want to pay extra money monthly just to be able to have a shoutbox...guess i should of said pay instead of donate in my other post..i love 6thgen, but i am not going to send money every month for a "membership"...and i don't think many other people would either...so if we are going to have a membership there would need to be a huge benefit...

i don't see why everybody is so bent up about the shoutbox anyways...is the aim thing bad?? i think that works out better since then it is a seperate window...and it doesn't lag the site any..
No one is asking you personally to "pay" for a membership. Cody is simply asking people to help by kicking in on the bill once in awhile. The membership idea is just one of many ideas we're kicking around. This is the least anyone could do is help him out once in awhile since after all he pays the bills for everything. Even when he don't personally have time to be on here, he still pays out of pocket so WE ALL have a place to converse. Also this just isn't about the shoutbox, this forum is growing, soon to outgrow our current hosting. I guess you guys just don't comprehend what it takes to run a forum of this size, and if you do you cannot tell me you wouldn't be entertaining the same ideas.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I guess you guys just don't comprehend what it takes to run a forum of this size, and if you do you cannot tell me you wouldn't be entertaining the same ideas.
yeah i have no clue what goes on to run a forum site :thinking:

I am just an admin on one site, mod on 2, and was in charge of funding/super admin for another :computer:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
yeah i have no clue what goes on to run a forum site :thinking:

I am just an admin on one site, mod on 2, and was in charge of funding/super admin for another :computer:
let me clarify..do you pay the bills on any of them forums?. I mean being an Admin/mod is one thing but actually owning/running the place is another beast.

Back