Screw g"A"y EM, I'll make my own CAI

theaccordian

Reaction score
yeah I thought of getting it coated with thermal barrier. But thats like polishing a turd. Not worth it IMO. Plus doesent the air heat up when it hits the hot *** IM anyways?

blindside

Reaction score
interesting idea... i drive mostly on the city so i don't need that much of the top end i need my low end back! :D

theaccordian

Reaction score
yah I got pissed of my car not acclerating at partial throttle and having to slam the gas for it to downshift.

SO you guys got the general concept maybe you guys can improve upn it. What do you have to lose its free and you can take it all apart and use your stock airbox like stock.

and_one

Reaction score
hey guys i did this last night and i drove it around...found that it does give you more than a stock intake does of course...but not sure if it is actually better than aem...however...i left the snorkel part in an it fit...also faced it towards the bumper...but what i was thinking was cutting the bottom part off the under cover part that is by the wheel...some of you have probably taken the whole thing off...but i think it will help the air flow in better....just my opinion....the hardest part was putting the damn piece into the air box hole...that shi.t is tiny...accordian is probably right...make it bigger...and the duct tape seems to hold pretty fine...drove it around and the engine got hot...but didnt take any off the tape

theaccordian

Reaction score
I bet a high flow K&n drop in filter and dremeling the inlet whole bigger will give you a good 2-3 hp.

blindside

Reaction score
i'll put the whole thing back and sell my darn intake! LOL i would actually benefit from this little project!:)

theaccordian

Reaction score
remember all are opinions are subjective and relative. Try it out first before you make any brash decisions.

and_one

Reaction score
do it blindside...i think it saves a lot of money....other than buying the k&n air filter which is like 40-50 bucks...but it still is cheaper than buying a good CAI...then we could be the only guys in fresno with "THEaccordian".....hahahahaha :):):)

theaccordian

Reaction score
and_one said:
do it blindside...i think it saves a lot of money....other than buying the k&n air filter which is like 40-50 bucks...but it still is cheaper than buying a good CAI...then we could be the only guys in fresno with "THEaccordian".....hahahahaha :):):)

also you dont have to woory about hyfrolock and it looks 100% legal. Unless your into engine bling :p

lol. maybe I should patent this

Back