Sea Foam!

SteadFast

Reaction score
seafoam FTW, i did it though the pcv about a week ago (1/2 can) and the other half in the tank just before changin the cat.... doing some in the oil this week before i change it

btw- high miles shouldnt really have much bearing, we did it to a eclipse with about 175k, and no problems... that thing poured white smoke for a long while...

Browntown

Reaction score
I've never even heard of that stuff. can you get it your local autoshop (pepboys, autozone,etc)?

HandoEX

Reaction score
Browntown said:
I've never even heard of that stuff. can you get it your local autoshop (pepboys, autozone,etc)?
Yup, you can find it at pretty much any auto parts store. Good stuff!

dynasty

Reaction score
Ajaxn2 said:
Dont know about that JDM I have 133K on it and did it and i have no issues.

hmm. i'm afraid you might be wrong. LOL. i read it from somewhere saying that cars that has high mileage shouldn't do it. maybe i should research a little more. i don't know what's the pros and cons of seafoam though.

Jeffro

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
hmm. i'm afraid you might be wrong. LOL. i read it from somewhere saying that cars that has high mileage shouldn't do it. maybe i should research a little more. i don't know what's the pros and cons of seafoam though.

Ya, but "cars" doesn't necessarily mean "Honda's"... As far as I'm concerned, there is a difference between the durability of my 165,000 mile Accord, and a 100,000 mile Taurus...

dynasty

Reaction score
so you have 165k miles and you done the sea foam? and nothing is wrong right? if so, i will try it out.

Jeffro

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
so you have 165k miles and you done the sea foam? and nothing is wrong right? if so, i will try it out.

LOL, nope, but I wouldn't be as afraid as if I had 100,000 on a taurus. 135,000 isn't that far removed though. My car still drives like it had 65,000 miles, so I don't know why I would be too concerned. Actually, I've never heard of doing this, anyway, so it's a new idea to me...

retro

Reaction score
im thinking about doing this. my only question is can the sea foam **** up any sensors ??? also i heard sea foam come in an arisol can as well... thoughts??

Ajaxn2

Reaction score
Well retro i used it and it worked fine as far as it being in an aerosol i dont know. Also as far as the sensors i didnt have any issues and matter of fact the CEL went off after like 2 tank fills! I am glad i used it and i also changed the plugs this week too to find bosch +4's. Those things were the worse thing ever. as soon as i added the NGK iridum IX plugs she works even more like a champ.

Back