sealed trunk??

jasonjs

Reaction score
has anyone sealed there trunk? i want to face my subs firing into the cabin and was wondering if anyone here has done it?

schmiddr2

Reaction score
You can build an Infinite Baffle board and seal off the cabin from the trunk so the subs face in and the back of the subs can be seen in the trunk

or

You can build a box facing the subs into the cabin and seal off the trunk from the cabin with a board behind the box.

gt58

Reaction score
ive been thinking about sealing my trunk off aswell. i have a rockford 15 on 1.5k in a box tuned to 30Hz. i'll play "i cook" by oj da juiceman that i have slowed. it gets down to 22Hz and makes the whole car MOVE!! sometimes the trunk busts open. no joke, literally. ill see the warning light on my cluster for the trunk being open. im sure i'll hit higher numbers too when i seal it off. has anyone on here sealed their trunk off in their accord?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
I have infinite baffle, so I didn't do it for loudness...but I have a sealed trunk.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
IIRC, Ryan referred me to diyma.com and you'll be able to find box building tips on there.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
gt58

What u need 2 do is seal the sub 2 the cabin rather then sealing ur trunk. Make it 2 where the sound pressure levels (spl) stay in the cabin. Face the sub toward the back seats n seal all around that weird shaped hole / trunk access from the cabin. N if u have a port make it come up through the rear deck. That way u won't have 2 worry about ur trunk popin open n ur spl # will b in the 148-152 range

Oh yeah how many batteries r u runnin?
& Good luck

jasonjs

Reaction score
gt58

What u need 2 do is seal the sub 2 the cabin rather then sealing ur trunk. Make it 2 where the sound pressure levels (spl) stay in the cabin. Face the sub toward the back seats n seal all around that weird shaped hole / trunk access from the cabin. N if u have a port make it come up through the rear deck. That way u won't have 2 worry about ur trunk popin open n ur spl # will b in the 148-152 range

& Good luck

thats how i have it right now,i used great stuff(expanding foam) to seal around the box..im just looking to change it up a bit maybe make it look nice get some ideas on here.. my set up right now its 2 digital designs 9510g's on a sundown saz 2500 and i have 2 xs power batts not sure what size the one in front is but the one in the trunk is a 3100

gt58

Reaction score
gt58

& Good luck

yeah i've been in the car audio game for a lil while. thats what the call "sealing off your trunk" when you put the subs at the back seats and put wood/ cardboard/ foam/ (anything really lol) to make the cabin separate and air tight from the trunk.

im on one upgraded front batt and i have the big three done and a run of 0 gauge to my amp with solid grounds everywhere.

edit: i would LOVE to have a XS 3100 in my trunk

Last edited:
Back