Seat heater

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this so this is where I'm going to drop. I've seen some 4dr accords with seat heaters and they look stock but I'm not quite sure, I've been meaning to ask about this for a long time but is there already wiring in there that just need to be hooked up and such? Or do I need to wire everything up?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Only Canadian models came with heated seats. So you can swap in those or other Honda/Acura heated seats. Or maybe you could install some heating elements under the factory seat covers. Either way you're going to have some wiring to do.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Only Canadian models came with heated seats. So you can swap in those or other Honda/Acura heated seats. Or maybe you could install some heating elements under the factory seat covers. Either way you're going to have some wiring to do.

How much wiring would I have to do? I have a 4dr 2001 V6A in the US and if I wanted to get the Canadian,

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I ordered the Canadian part because I'm going wit tl seats and love oem parts. For you I would recommend after market heated seats. The guy who does interior for me has these pads he puts on your seat covers that has all the wiring. You just need to find a place to put the switch and give it power. If you were local I would give you the name of his business. You could try asking upholestry shops around you or find some on eBay and Amazon and read reviews.

FNCONE

Reaction score
How much wiring would I have to do? I have a 4dr 2001 V6A in the US and if I wanted to get the Canadian,

Power with inline fuse
Ground
Switch
Then to heating element

Easy circuit, but if adding a heated element I find upholstery kinda not my thing.

I ordered the Canadian part because I'm going wit tl seats and love oem parts. For you I would recommend after market heated seats. The guy who does interior for me has these pads he puts on your seat covers that has all the wiring. You just need to find a place to put the switch and give it power. If you were local I would give you the name of his business. You could try asking upholestry shops around you or find some on eBay and Amazon and read reviews.

Your gping with TL'S ? You don't need a heated element they are heated

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Power with inline fuse
Ground
Switch
Then to heating element

Easy circuit, but if adding a heated element I find upholstery kinda not my thing.

Your gping with TL'S ? You don't need a heated element they are heated

I'm not adding one to the seats because I know they are already heated. I'm wiring them to the Canadian bezel I got.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What FNCONE said, he knows his stuff. Is your front passenger seat power in any way? If so it make things easier since you'll have a wire to use for power. My coupe didn't come with any wiring on that side except for a ground point, so I have to tap everything on the driver side.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
What FNCONE said, he knows his stuff. Is your front passenger seat power in any way? If so it make things easier since you'll have a wire to use for power. My coupe didn't come with any wiring on that side except for a ground point, so I have to tap everything on the driver side.

Not sure if you're speaking to me or OP, but my driver side only has power up and down :/ I know I'll get everything functioning sometime or another.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^better than nothing. It will make things easier when you do get around to it.

Back