Sedan rear seat in a coupe???

Mikey

Reaction score
Anyone know if it'll fit? I have an 01 coupe, by the way.

Im pretty sure the sedans had the flip-down armrest with the cupholders, correct? I want that for my coupe. I know, i know, it already has cupholders but i like the flip-down look.

I also dont know if the sedans have 60/40 or 50/50.

Any help is appreciated.

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
The sedans dont have a split. The whole seat back folds down and forward. It reaaaalllllly sucks.

Also, I don't believe they will fit. The coupe seems much smaller back there than the sedan. Try it and find out?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Won't fit, the sedan seat is wider.

You could look in to the CL rear seats, or the 7th Gen rear seats, if you are looking to upgrade to leather, or change the colour of the interior.

Mikey

Reaction score
Already have leather. Not a huge fan of tan, but im the kind of person, i cant change just the seat. If i do that, ill have to do the entire interior and thats not the direction i wanna go with this car.

What year CL? I havent seen too many CLs or 7Gs on craigslist or anywhere for "parts" and i really dont wanna buy new. The nearest junkyard is 2 hours away and the newest Honda ive seen there was a 99 sedan but it had cloth.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The 2G CL will work.

It's been done, as has the 7th Gen Coupe rear seat.

Mikey

Reaction score
What's the fold percentage on those, if any? If it's one piece, do you know what kind of issues they ran into as far as the release latches on the back?

Did the CLs have the flip-down armrest with the cupholder?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
This is the rear seat from an 01 CL.

IMG_1869.jpg

Mikey

Reaction score
Hmm. Interesting. Im assuming there are cupholders under the lid of the console?

So is it a direct swap or a bit of modding?

Mikey

Reaction score
Well, dang it...the more i look at it, i really just want the seatback. That way, if i wanted to squeeze in 3 tiny people, i could, but if i had 2 back there, theyd have the armrest. Does that make sense?

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
haha our accords are more like 100 and not 60/40 or 50/50 but just becareful fitting 3 in the back of that CL seat. might get a ticket.

Back