sedan to coupe bumper

jbl2bgone

Reaction score
hey, not sure to post this hear or not but I need help with this install. I have a 01 accord sedan and I recently tried to put a 01-02 coupe bumper on it. I know that mostly the only thing needed is the bumper and the hood if I dont like the huge gap. The only thing thats going wrong also is that it doesn't sit flush with the fenders. most of the bolts line up on the fenders but where the plastic clip thing is, thats where it sticks out. Also my car got hit last week and the driver side fender got a lil pushed it on the edge by the headlight and its kind of wierd that the plastic clip holds the oem sedan bumper in place but when i try to put the coupe, it doesnt want to hold and i know it should because the passenger side holds it in place almost perfect (except the bumper sticking out a bit) So anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?
DSCF6741.jpg

DSCF6745.jpg

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
you've got to rig up a clip preferably plastic or anything that will not begin rust

jbl2bgone

Reaction score
can i replace the plastic clip on the sedan fender with the clip on the coupe fender? would that work?

blaque~akkord

Reaction score
i dont know the diff. between the 98-00 and 01 because mine fit perfect with some mod on the reinforcement but mine is 98 so i put the 98-00 coupe bumper...check my sig... and btw you might need the bracket on top from the coupe (by the radiator) hope this will help...

dynasty

Reaction score
you probably missing or didn't put it on top of this white clip that is suppose to be in that area. if you wnat a picture, let me know so i can take my bumper off.

jbl2bgone

Reaction score
no i know i put it above the clip, that clips suppose to hold the bumper up and inplace when you put it in. The thing is my fender got a lil bent in cuz someone hit my car, and that part doesnt hold that tight. so i have to find a way to fix it or bend it back and stuff.

dynasty

Reaction score
from my view, it looks like it's been popped OUT and not in. so i guess a mallet should do the trick.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
pull the corner of the bumper off take a pic for us to see what you have got going on there

I just realized you are the guy who I have been pm'ing

Back