self adjusting konis?

slowrider87

Reaction score
So after I put my new wheels on I was having normal issues with rubbing. So to minimize it until I had time to roll my fenders, relocate bumper tab, yada yada, I set my konis on full stiff . I went to adjust them softer cuz my girl hates it when its stiff, only to find out the fronts were back to almost as soft as they can go. Only way is if they backed themselves off. Anyone else had this issue? Or know why its doing it?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
pics of the new wheels gayboy.... lol sorry I can't help you with your problem though. Are those that one dudes wheels? the guy with the 5th gen that I always wanna call balwin even though I know its not balwin haha

jeffpanya

Reaction score
my konis were always on the stiffer side, soft didnt feel soft to me when i had it on the setting.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
heh

Shocks don't "self adjust" or anything. If the adjustment screw is turning on its own, something is wrong with the strut. Did you buy them new?

It only took about 3 or 4 posts, I'm surprised.

Yeah, that sounds like they either aren't being adjusted properly in the first place, or something is wrong with them.

slowrider87

Reaction score
i know they don't self adjust... or aren't supposed to. the problem is they do.

yes they we're "new" at least thats how they were sold to me. however when i got them there were some issues. the shop i bought them through ordered them and when they got there there was a shock that didn't match, the "Koni" sticker on it was different from the rest. and the spring seat didn't fit. after dealing with Koni for a couple weeks i finally got my stuff back. same shock they just sent a new spring seat that fit.
100_2054.jpg

which one doesn't belong? but those are the rears not the fronts, and its the fronts that do it. so idk?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you bought them brand new through the shop, I'd take them back, tell them what's happening and that you want replacements.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If you bought them brand new through the shop, I'd take them back, tell them what's happening and that you want replacements.

End. Of. Story.

As long as you have a receipt, you should be able to take them back, or do as above.

Back