Shocked and apauled

yellowfever

Reaction score
I bought Tanabe springs off of a member of v6p.net, the drop is 1.8 F 1.5 R. I wasnt planning on putting new shocks in cause my original plan was to have prolines but now im thinking it might be needed. I bought my car with 72K on it so i doubt the original shocks were ever changed but i really dont want to buy aftermarkets. Do you guys think i could get away with new monroe shocks? Ride comfort means nothing to me, I just want a shock that wont go bad quickly and will provide reasonable rebound at aggresive highway speeds. (I4 coupe with 17's) P.S. i havnt put the springs on yet.

yellowfever

Reaction score
ok um i paid 25$ for the springs, so yeah that should show alot about my budget. The most i could see myself buying is KYBs

shavedaccord

Reaction score
How much are the monroe's each? and I assume your installing them yourself? Otherwise count in another $100 for install

blindside

Reaction score
I got my car with 69,xxx on it, stock shocks were never replaced.. a week after i got it i got some skunk 2 springs put on, used it for about a week but took it out and replaced it with neuspeed sport springs because the ride was horrible on stock shocks due to the skunks having a high spring rate.. if your going with the monroe you might as well stick with the stock shocks... just my opinion :)

yellowfever

Reaction score
i was afraid youd say that although i cant find them near that price, KYB for 185 shipped though, i think ill go with them.

Last edited:

xluben

Reaction score
i was the one that "talked him down" to $230 :)

Back