Shocks question

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
when I first got lowering springs I made the mistake of buying KYB's. I got the H&R springs which give me about a 2" drop. The KYB's lasted less than a year. I replaced the shocks with Koni yellows since and I absolutely love these way better. I'm looking to pair up my konis with ground control in the future.

That's weird.
I had H&R Springs (1.5F/1.3R) with KYB GR2's and I didnt have any problems

Hondastylez

Reaction score
That's weird.
I had H&R Springs (1.5F/1.3R) with KYB GR2's and I didnt have any problems

I should have been more specific. I got the H&R Race springs which gives me 1.75 front and 2.0 rear i believe. Then there's the H&R sport which is the ones you had.

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
i saw some online reviews and they said those thing can handle 1.5'' drop or less but im not sure tho

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to end up being one of those threads where OP asks us advice...................

i just wonder if any you guy use KYB GR-2 GAS STRUTS & SHOCKS? i can get them brand new for $100 but i don't know it is good products or not.i want to drop my car 1.5''. thanks in advance.

and then we tell him what he doesn't want to hear..................

they most likely cant handle a small drop because...well, theyre oem replacements. if you wouldnt lower your car on oem shocks, then why would you buy 4 new oem replacement shocks and lower on them? and again, oem replacements, which means theyre not valved for stiffer springs rates like what you get with aftermarket drop springs.

in the end its your call and your decision op, but you might want to think about if youll want to do it all over again when youre $400 gr-2's start blowing. and yes, they will. a friend of mine went through like 6 on his 6g coupe.​

Exactly what Andy said. Buy Tokico HP's or Illuminas if you're going to drop on springs.

i made the mistake of pairing them w eibachs and they didnt last long at all. the ones i have now are going on almost 3yrs now, and still good as new.

when I first got lowering springs I made the mistake of buying KYB's. I got the H&R springs which give me about a 2" drop. The KYB's lasted less than a year. I replaced the shocks with Koni yellows since and I absolutely love these way better. I'm looking to pair up my konis with ground control in the future.

but then he tries to justify getting them anyway...........................

i saw some online reviews and they said those thing can handle 1.5'' drop or less but im not sure tho

we still tell him no.....................

they can handle it... just as well as stock shocks can:eh:

Stock shocks cant handle a drop and be reliable.

but he gets them anyway because they're a good deal.

Back