Short Shifter for H22 swapped accord?

Drift

Reaction score
Ive been running a $15 ebay short shifter for 8 years with zero issues. With both my F23 and H22 engines.

akoutmos

Reaction score
6th gen accords don't have linkage. The shifter mechanism works off of cables. Seeing as the h22 transmissions and the f23 transmissions are interchangeable and both are 5 speed, that the shifters are more of less identical as well.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I thought linkage is the area where it attaches to the shifter shaft. In that sense both Accord and Prelude shifters both have linkages since both use cables? Judging from the fact that short-shift 'adapters' usually raise the shift linkage (both 6thgens and Preludes) to attain the shorter-throw effect. I may be wrong though Alex, maybe I misunderstood.

732xghost, not sure about that. I don't see why it wouldn't work though.

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
I've never heard to cable driven transmissions referred to as linkage based. Linkage is often found on older cars such as the civics and integras: http://importnut.net/shifter.htm
That should give you a good idea as to what it looks like.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
I have a short shifter from jtc customs. I guess when the shop did my swap, the donor car was a 92-96 prelude and my car was automatic so when they converted it to stick, they transferred the "linkage" or whatever you want to call it from an older car. So my short shifter looks like this
DSC_0159.jpg

instead of like this (97-01prelude or 98-02 accord)
HunterShifterPics265.jpg

732xghost

Reaction score
i guess i just used to wrong terminology. lol

im gonna try and buy a BB6 shifter cheap and see if it works. I work for honda so if i need any misc. pieces then it shouldnt be a problem.

Back