Should I buy a 6 gen accord? Help!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think the real leather, thicker steering wheel, heated seats, better stereo, bigger motor, nicer interior, etc make up for that. Haha

Seriously though, CL’s these days are not too far above, and sometimes very close to, your budget OP. So I’d keep my eyes peeled for one if I was in your situation.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^Truth.

I guess GhostRyder's isn't an option because of distance, that's too bad.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I can understand that. But for such a rare care in immaculate condition owned by a trusted member, if I really wanted it I'd fly to the destination and pick it up, and drive it back. That car is solid and would definitely not break down on the way back. That is, if I had exhausted all local possibilities.

That's me though. Not everyone would want to do that haha, it would be one helluva a drive. But the fact I'd be in a new car would help pad that.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I'm with you.

I would fly/drive to pick up a car that I really wanted, that I got a great deal on, regardless of where it was.

Tylers

Reaction score
They're good cars, but if I ever had to buy another it would a 6.5 gen 4cyl 5 mt. But you can't go wrong with a v6 that's been taken car of, only downside is the mpg on those.

stevenrtran

Reaction score
Get one!
Go for a 5 speed four banger though, the v6 only came in automatic, which happened to have a very weak automatic. Wish I bought a 5 speed instead of a v6.
They'll last forever though, mine has almost 226,500 miles on it and just replaced the trans, no other major problems.
I4 will get better gas mileage, and seems to have more aftermarket support and slightly cheaper than the v6. Insurance should be cheaper too
Highly reccommended over a civic.

How much did it cost you to replace the transmission? So you think accords are much more reliable than a civic? Personally, i like the way accords look much better. I basically need something cheap, reliable, and somewhat gas efficient right now haha

stevenrtran

Reaction score
I think the real leather, thicker steering wheel, heated seats, better stereo, bigger motor, nicer interior, etc make up for that. Haha

Seriously though, CL’s these days are not too far above, and sometimes very close to, your budget OP. So I’d keep my eyes peeled for one if I was in your situation.

I agree, but the only thing is that im not a big fan of 2 door cars. So i'll just stick to getting an accord

Back