should i change my oil?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
so the car is getting ready to roll over on 4k since the last oil change. i usually change it every 2,500 miles. but this time around i have no show of bad oil. what i mean is everytime i check my oil, its at the prefect level, and still looks golden, and doesnt smell burnt. but im wondering if that matters or not. the oil also has some sea foam in it. which has giving me great mpg (36 on the freeway, and about 29 city). and every other full up i put in some Lucas fuel treatment. so should i change it.. or wait a little bit longer till is starts to show that brownish black color?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I would just pick an interval at which to do oil changes and stick with it regardless. I was doing mine ever 3k, but recently decided to do every 4k miles.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
naw. you can leave it in there. even says on the bottle. you just cant put as much as you would if you were going to do a flush. plus to get the true benefits of sea foam you need to add it with fairly new oil.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
we'll see how it goes when all your seals start to leak....

jdmcg3

Reaction score
its only when i dont drive like a jackass. but as far as the seals.. never heard anything like that. but even if they do.. i got my h22 as a back up :omgbd:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used to believe the marketing hype with changing the oil at every 3k, but now i change it every 5k.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I change it at 5-6k, and that's with synthetic.

Bobistheoilguy.com <--- you will find your answers there.

Back