should i change my oil?

jwong512

Reaction score
Seafoam is a highly acidic compound and your not supposed to leave it running through the motor for more than 2 miles. I did it to my car and it idled really weird and had no power until I changed out my oil. When I was draining it, it was nice, black, and had a ton of junks of sludge. Now the car runs great. Even if your oil is still golden, doesn't mean it's not dirty. There could be other parts of the motor storing dirty oil such as the oil pan. I would rather change it clean knowing my car is still running great than change it when it's dirty and sludge has begun to build up. If your running dyno oil, you can change your oil every 3-4k. If your running a full synthetic, I would recommend every 5-6k.

001Stunna

Reaction score
+1 on not running the car with seafoam in the oil. I understand you have another engine, but that doesnt mean you need to fudge up this one.
I run castrol 5w30 changed every 4000km(usually ends up being 2-2.5 months)

jdmcg3

Reaction score
Seafoam is a highly acidic compound and your not supposed to leave it running through the motor for more than 2 miles. I did it to my car and it idled really weird and had no power until I changed out my oil. When I was draining it, it was nice, black, and had a ton of junks of sludge. Now the car runs great. Even if your oil is still golden, doesn't mean it's not dirty. There could be other parts of the motor storing dirty oil such as the oil pan. I would rather change it clean knowing my car is still running great than change it when it's dirty and sludge has begun to build up. If your running dyno oil, you can change your oil every 3-4k. If your running a full synthetic, I would recommend every 5-6k.

well damn. looks like im changing my oil this weekend. and i do have a ****ed up idle when i first start up my car. :huh:

+1 on not running the car with seafoam in the oil. I understand you have another engine, but that doesnt mean you need to fudge up this one.
I run castrol 5w30 changed every 4000km(usually ends up being 2-2.5 months)

my intent isnt to blow it up. didnt mean to make it sound like that. its my back motor for after the h goes in. so i do wanna keep it in good running condition.

yeah, i'd seafom my car, but not leave it in. i change every 4.5k using Mobile1 5w30. 242,xxxk on it and running strong.

damn hella miles. car looks clean a **** thou.

Back