should i sell my car?

bovodo

Reaction score
okay i've spent alot of time and effort on my 6thgen the last 2 years and im starting to give up fixing it.

its a 1999 honda accord ex sedan with cloth seats.

things i've changed so far:

-waterpump (@110,000 miles)
-timing belt (@110,000 miles)
-paint job (@110,000 miles)
-A/C compressor (2 months ago)
-A/C dash board panel (2 months ago)
-4 hawk brake pads (2 weeks ago)
-2 OEM brake rotors (2 weeks ago)

things that broken (in the last month alone):
-2 shocks
-steering rack
-1 passenger side cv joint
-dashboard backlight bulbs

omg.... the whole car is falling apart, i dunno how much more money i can put into it, let alone do anymore cosmetic mods.

summary of what i have so far done to car:
-AEM intake
-RH C2 wheels
-Polyurethane "Mugen" front lip
-Tein S-tech lowering springs
-Civic "JDM" fog lights
-Pioneer 3 way 6x9 and 6 1/2
-6000k low beam HID kit

purplehaze

Reaction score
personally i think your car is really clean, and im jealous of your fresh paintjob
i love our chassis and i think it looks a lot better than most cars out today
however, they are getting old and do require a lot of maintenance and money

i say if the expensive stuff like ur tranny is still good, keep it
as for the broken shocks, that just gives you an excuse to go coilovers ! :driving:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
What happened to the R&P?(difficult to fix) Those things really aren't that hard to fix, the whole axle can be had for $80 new aftermarket. The struts can be upgraded/replaced for about 170 here and the bulbs can be done up with LEDs for real cheap. I wouldn't sell the car, keep it this is its mid-life crisis and once these things are sorted out it will shine again. That is all my $0.02

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
lol

put it this way...my car averages out to less than $150/mo if i had been making payments the last 4 years. ive put probably around a grand into it over 48 months in maintenance...

i would applaud you if you could find a better car for less than $175/mo including maintenance. do the math...old cars cost less.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^+1. Everything you have fixed/changed is not that expensive, your timing maintenance is your biggest expense yet, and that's routine maintenance. It can seem like a big deal when a few things happen with a short period of time, but this is the cost of owning a car that's 10 years old.

If you sell it though, you would have to fix all these problems you're mentioning anyway. If you have the money for a new car and you're tired of the your 6thgen, then change it up. But your car could be a lot worse off.

twokAccord

Reaction score
i always ask myself the same question, should i sell my car?
my car has given me problems for the past 6 months, its in the shop RIGHT NOW, good thing is that none of it has been serious problems. but idk, im not giving up on my 6th gen just yet.

its up to you. and how you feel.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
up to u man, i bet a lot of us have felt the same way at some point. I know I have. (especially when I found out the new accords put down just about as much whp stock as what my goal was after an expensive engine build lol :bash:)

But as many others said, u do have a really nice accord, we'd hate to see u go

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
yeah its your choice, but performance wise yeah you can get a lot quicker car with less hassle, but honestly i love the way our gen looks, the curves are sexy as hell. I plan on keeping my car+wing west kit+custom paint.

if your looking something with more pick up, maybe it is time to upgrade, but seeing as you have invested in it already why not make it into something unique...

Back