Should I Worry?

finch13

Reaction score
Stick your positive meter lead in the back of the TPS connector on the RED/YLW wire (I think) and just touch your negative lead to ground (engine block, intake manifold, etc.) Key has to be in ON position. It should start reading around 0.49V and go all the way up to 5V... or maybe only 4V, I forget. If that wire doesn't work, try the other one(s). The wire you want is the one that changes voltage when you open the throttle.

Jokon

Reaction score
I did a carb cleaner spray around the vacuum hoses and are received zero bogging or stalls so they appear to be air tight for the time. I volt tested the yellow wire when idle with it plugged into the TPS and it was at .49 for bit then started to jump around and then settled at around .26 to .29. Something doesn't seem right there. I suppose I shall chance it on my drive. I'll give an update if I make it back lol because you can definitely feel the engine jerking and at times it feels like its at a low rpm at where I used to have to worry when it was going to stall yet the RPMs are still saying 700ish idle. I don't know... I am confused and just would like my car to stop being a crybaby so I can drive without worries of it just going, "I give up!"

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Probably one of the few times that someone has actually given so much detailed info when they are experiencing a problem.

Hope you're able to get it sorted out and don't have an issues on your trip.

Jokon

Reaction score
Alright. I am really starting to think it's the spark plugs or distributor because the car had a hard time turning over twice today. What do you think?

Jokon

Reaction score
Okay. Update time. I have an CEL code and replaced the spark plugs myself.
The CEL code is P0133 Primary HO2S Circuit Slow Response (Sensor 1) and the spark definitely need to be changed and new ones increased performance but did not stop the random bogging. Still stuck and nothing is helping. Could the P0133 be caused by an exhaust blockage or lack of back-pressure? I am asking this because I am using Megan Racing headers with an O2 defouler and have not had any issues for over 2 months, plus the O2 sensor on the header is new and was replaced the same time the Megan Racing headers were installed.

Jokon

Reaction score
Okay. I think I may have found the exact reason my car is bogging. I have a hole in my first flex pipe on the downpipe of the Megan racing headers. My new questions are, should I get someone to replace the flex pipe, install a fixed pipe instead of a flex or purchase a different downpipe? One more question, do you think that hole in the flex pipe would cause the P0133 CEL code or wait on the hole to be fixed to get a new upstream O2 sensor?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i would take it to an exhaust shop and get them to fix the hole...did you not hear the exhaust leak? i used to have Megan headers too...they do leak a bit regardless so i guess it'd be hard to notice....

Jokon

Reaction score
I actually noticed some damage to the flex pipe cover but I did not hear a leak until I went on a dirt road. haha

Jokon

Reaction score
Okay. I had the small flex pipe removed off the Megan Racing header and had a standard steel pipe welded in its place for the flex pipe there was not necessary. It did resolve my exhaust leak but the P0133 code still exists. I don't want to have to go out and spend another 60 to 100 dollars on another O2 sensor, for the current one is less than 3 months old. I found this site http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=Complete+DTC+P0133 on the P0133 code and maybe some of you can help translate the info on things I should look at first. Once again any help would be appreciated. For example parts to inspect and how to inspect them correctly, reputable shops to get it checked out in the Hartford County of Connecticut, or parts to buy if you are sure that I should go head and get it replaced. I am sick of smelling poor fuel mixture at idle, random minor RPM drops, and less than a few seconds of car hesitation. Thanks again for anyone that lends a helping hand. :thumbsup:

Jokon

Reaction score
Bump. Still looking for help on this problem. I would really appreciate my car not having a slow death.

Back