Sick And Tired Of Spam Threads!!!!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
98AV6205HP said:
No offense but um, I dont understand how this thread comes off immature? Last I checked this was the feedback section. Well here is your feedback. :)

Plus another reason this thread was made was to show that ALL the members want the spam gone. If only one person PM's you, your not going to look upon the problem as that big of a deal. Im just saying. Not trying to start anything. Im just being straight up like you where :)

This thread is immature b/c like Angel said - if there's a problem, you come to us, you don't make a thread. I don't know how much more clear I can make it for you guys. So in the future, do that so we don't have to keep locking/deleting threads.

We've been talking about how to permantly get rid of the spam a long time ago. Blacknight initiated one thing to try and stop it and somehow it gets past that. I guess I'm the only one that finds it a nuisance and not offending. It just words and links.

98AV6205HP

Reaction score
^^^ But this is the feedback section! Here is your feedback. You guys (admins) are making it sound like, if there are any problems PM us. So does that mean only post in the feedback section if the feedback is good? This dosnt make sence the feedback section is being used the way it was intended to be used. Am I missing something here?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I am sorry this is just pathetic, taking this thread WAY out of proportion...how were we even supposed to know you were doing something?? I posted in probably 4 or 5 asking for a fix..why didn't anybody pm me and tell me something was trying to be done?? And i did come to you, but instead of having many members pm you everybody can post in here.Simple, easy, SHOULDN"T of been a problem, and now all of the members know you ahve been trying to fix it..so i see it as accomplishing something..but if you going to personally attack me and say i am immature for making this, you need to sit back and re-evaluate yourself..

I still don't see the problem, but if your going to get all pissy about it, then from now on when a problem arises i will just shut my mouth..and if members come to me to complain i will tell them to talk to somebody else because if i am going to get attacked for trying to fix a problem/ or for help, then it is not worth it..

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
98AV6205HP said:
^^^ But this is the feedback section! Here is your feedback. You guys (admins) are making it sound like, if there are any problems PM us. So does that mean only post in the feedback section if the feedback is good? This dosnt make sence the feedback section is being used the way it was intended to be used. Am I missing something here?

From the way this is being brought out, this is not what the feedback forum is for. A simple question in here or even a pm to one or all of us would've been sufficient like "Is anything being done about the amount of spam on the site?"

Not the crap that's going on here. And 00Accord4cyl - As for why members are even going to you is beyond my recognition. At some point when you were getting tired of asked about it you should've pm'd one of us, no wait, you shouldn't even have waited that long, you should've directed them to one of us from the start.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i'm late to this topic but I still wanted to chime in.

Almost any site will still be vulnerable to spam. Everyone here tries to stop it. Image verification has been turned on for a long time. Like Greg said he had brought up email verification when you register but sometimes that is buggy and people don't get the confirmation emails, and then can never complete their registration, which sucks.

As for the upgrading to vbulletin I could care less about the money. But I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been my priority.

I get stressed because I know everyone's getting the feeling this site is turning into another Honduh.com where the admin goes MIA and then **** just starts falling apart. I don't want that to happen, I honestly do like the community we got going here. And while I know you guys get frustrated I also hope you realize that we actually have friggen open discussions on this site between admins/mods & members, which doesn't happen in a lot of other places.

We try and listen to your feedback, but you gotta give everyone else some credit too. You think the admins/mods like spending 1/2 their time on here deleting spam and banning useless members? No. We don't like it any more than you do.

And yes, I haven't been online a lot lately. If any of you remember my post about my sister getting engaged and my family not supporting her, that **** has been plaguing me ever since. Every day I'm on the phone with some ignorant *** relative trying to explain to them how regardless of whether or not they support the interracial thing they still better get their *** to that wedding. And now that my sister's pregnant and wedding has gotten pushed up, no I'm sorry this hasn't been my top priority.

I'm not trying to ditch the site, its just been a rough ****ing couple of months with RL crap and I'm sorry I haven't been online more.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^yay glad to see you back on..thanks for the pm reply, i will be looking for you too. won't take long i just have some things to talk about that are bugging me

dynasty

Reaction score
i think you guys should install this 'hack' which will help fight spam. it's basically, when a spammer makes a thread, on the side, it will says "Moderated:" so moderators/admins would know where to check if there's a spammer. i'm a super moderator from this forum and they uses it. it's pretty helpful.

http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5215

shavedaccord

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
i think you guys should install this 'hack' which will help fight spam. it's basically, when a spammer makes a thread, on the side, it will says "Moderated:" so moderators/admins would know where to check if there's a spammer. i'm a super moderator from this forum and they uses it. it's pretty helpful.

http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5215
Won't work on this version of VB.

Back