Silver99's 1999 Accord Coupe i4 EX (56k) BIG UPDATE 7/21

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Re: Silver99's 1999 Accord Coupe i4 EX (56k)

Retrofit looks good! id trade you my black carbon fiber wrapped radio surround and cash for your woodgrain one so you don't have to cut up a woodgrain one for the iPad install.

Silver99

Reaction score

Retrofit looks good! id trade you my black carbon fiber wrapped radio surround and cash for your woodgrain one so you don't have to cut up a woodgrain one for the iPad install.

It's PlastiDipped right now but we can probably do that. Do you have the window switches too? I'd like to swap those for black as well. My center dash, unfortunately, was cracked so i had to sand and bond it back together, so it is no longer wood grain.

P.S. Glad you like the retrofit. I did it for under $75 total. I made the clear reflectors out of fluorescent light diffusers :D

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I made the clear reflectors out of fluorescent light diffusers :D

Cool idea, would be interested to see more photos. I assume you heated them up to bend them to the right curve, but did they hold their shape? Or were they really thin?

Silver99

Reaction score

Cool idea, would be interested to see more photos. I assume you heated them up to bend them to the right curve, but did they hold their shape? Or were they really thin?

I'm going to write a retrofit mega diy that will go over in detail how to do my style retrofit including the reflectors. Just need to find time to write it. But what I did in a nutshell was took a dremel and cut it to shape around the stock orange reflector, then sanded it to match the head light housing. It was difficult at first cuz they are thin, will crack, and are textured on one side but once you get the hang of it it's easy

P.S. They bend quite well without heat.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Ah gotcha. Did you mount them in any way inside the housing with adhesive, or did you just place them in position and they held their shape and stayed in place when you pressed the housings back together?

Silver99

Reaction score

^Ah gotcha. Did you mount them in any way inside the housing with adhesive, or did you just place them in position and they held their shape and stayed in place when you pressed the housings back together?

I epoxied them in place using loctite plastic epoxy

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Nice job. I'm sure there are people who would rather go this route than spending $60-70 on clear headlights just to get the strips/reflectors.

Silver99

Reaction score

^Nice job. I'm sure there are people who would rather go this route than spending $60-70 on clear headlights just to get the strips/reflectors.

Yea that was my issue. I'll make a diy. Plus, I like that it is one solid piece

Silver99

Reaction score

Update: For Christmas I got a Type R replica grill, Bayson R replica front lip, and Rockford Fosgate speakers. I then realized the car needs to have the paint touched up and the lips painted, or to just dip the whole car. So, there are also major revisions to the future plans section. More updates to come and pictures as well!!

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

Car looks great man. Can you provide me with links to the parts you purchased for your "clear strip"? In the middle of retro-fitting and I need to do something like this.

Back