slave cylinder connector '98 accord

cuberoach

Reaction score
Hello all, need help asap. I was replacing my slave cylinder and while I was hammering out the cotter pin for the connector the connector ended up breaking apart. its the connector and the end of the hose that goes into the slave cylinder. I have a new slave cylinder ready to go but now I cant seem to find a replacement fitting. The dealer seems to have the whole replacement hydraulic hose for approx $200. I just need that fitting. Has anyone had this issue? Might have to end up at a hydraulic and fitting shop...thanks

Snoobly

Reaction score
Hello all, need help asap. I was replacing my slave cylinder and while I was hammering out the cotter pin for the connector the connector ended up breaking apart. its the connector and the end of the hose that goes into the slave cylinder. I have a new slave cylinder ready to go but now I cant seem to find a replacement fitting. The dealer seems to have the whole replacement hydraulic hose for approx $200. I just need that fitting. Has anyone had this issue? Might have to end up at a hydraulic and fitting shop...thanks

go to oreillys and buy a brake line cutter and flare tool. buy some more line and new fittings. it might cost ya 50 bucks and several hours, but it's not that hard. I custom made my clutch line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder for 50 bucks. And that includes the purchase of the flaring tool. also, you might want to consider deleting your clutch damper. It's just straight up annoying.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Most stock car come with a clutch damper. Clutch lines run hard line from master cylinder, then connect up to a soft line that connects up to a "damper". Soft line comes out of the damper and connects to a hardline. that hard line runs to your slave cylinder.
Mine started leaking last summer, so i just deleted it and ran hard line all the way through.
IMG_2063.jpg

This is what it looks like. sorry that the photo is kinda crappy andgle. but you should get the idea.

Back