Slightly warped cowl

robollama

Reaction score
After finally fixing the knocking windshield wipers I've discovered my cowl is slightly warped in a few places, causing it to not lay flush. I went out and bought new weather stripping and I believe it's helped some, it's still not flush in all areas.

Any ideas?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Set it in the sun and put something heavy pressing in flat and leave it

Take a heat gun, heat up areas, and press very carefully. Be careful not to over heat causing discoloration
(Do this when It's off the car) heat guns are cheap
Pull one off from a junk yard car / salvaged

robollama

Reaction score
Set it in the sun and put something heavy pressing in flat and leave it

Take a heat gun, heat up areas, and press very carefully. Be careful not to over heat causing discoloration
(Do this when It's off the car) heat guns are cheap
Pull one off from a junk yard car / salvaged

Damn it I just used the new cowl clips I bought to hook the cowl on properly (I broke all the old ones)... Any way to fix it while it's on the car?

B SQUEEZE

Reaction score
yeah, where do i find the those pop in clips that hold the cowl on? for some reason i have one missing... i checked majestic honda and cant find it

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
You should be able to get the clips from a honda warehouse. Go to a dealership and they'll order you one/ some. Probably 75¢/1$ a piece .. cheap.

robollama

Reaction score
I just bought a box full of all kinds of clips and fasteners. Got it off ebay, shouldn't be hard to find. Was like $30

Back