So I Just Got Back From The Dealership...

kn0x47

Reaction score
dude you seriously need to go somewhere else. dealerships suck. they're quoting you $500 to replace the front ball joints but half the work needed to get the ball joints out has to be done to replace the axle seal anyways. they're charging you twice for the same work

sarmientor

Reaction score
dude you seriously need to go somewhere else. dealerships suck. they're quoting you $500 to replace the front ball joints but half the work needed to get the ball joints out has to be done to replace the axle seal anyways. they're charging you twice for the same work

I know is total bs I'm gonna look around for guides on how to change the seal ,ball joints, and links by my self and save myself $1000 in labor

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
If you need any help on how to do something and you can't find it while searching, let me know.

kn0x47

Reaction score
well if you do it yourself make sure you have a good bit of tools. if you've never even changed an oil filter then I wouldnt recommend doing this yourself. the hardest part is getting the axle nut off if you don't have an impact wrench and hammering out the old ball joints took me a while. putting the new ball joints in the freezer for 3+ hours will make things so much easier.

also, check the car yourself before starting anything. look for torn/broken ball joints and a wet axle seal. I've had a mechanic tell me my cabin air filter needed to be changed even though I had recently done it and other said a ball joint needed to be changed on my gf's car and when i looked under there, there was nothing wrong with any of them. oh and he also told me I needed to buy a $300 distributor in order to fix the leak a $2.50 o-ring was causing

sarmientor

Reaction score
well if you do it yourself make sure you have a good bit of tools. if you've never even changed an oil filter then I wouldnt recommend doing this yourself. the hardest part is getting the axle nut off if you don't have an impact wrench and hammering out the old ball joints took me a while. putting the new ball joints in the freezer for 3+ hours will make things so much easier.

also, check the car yourself before starting anything. look for torn/broken ball joints and a wet axle seal. I've had a mechanic tell me my cabin air filter needed to be changed even though I had recently done it and other said a ball joint needed to be changed on my gf's car and when i looked under there, there was nothing wrong with any of them. oh and he also told me I needed to buy a $300 distributor in order to fix the leak a $2.50 o-ring was causing

Well I've done a valve job before and chaged oil pan gaskets but don't have much experience working on the suspension this will definitely be a new for me thnx for the advice

Back