so i took half day off work today

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i dont know your boss, but you could say "look, ive got a masters and i interviewed at this other company...theyre offering me $XXX over what im getting here" and leave it hanging...let your boss think about it :)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Just make sure to say in your interview (which has obviously passed) or when you have a chance to not contact your current company as a reference. They usually understand and don't have a problem when they know what is up.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
Just make sure to say in your interview (which has obviously passed) or when you have a chance to not contact your current company as a reference. They usually understand and don't have a problem when they know what is up.

did tht :D

well, the main thing abt me is to secure a work visa.. i have till august of this year to get one or i have to go back to asia... worst thing is if i get laid off despite the fact tht the company said they would sponsor my visa..so, i'm in a toss-up now... i do not really care abt the money (well, maybe a lil :p) for now, i just want 100% guarantee tht i will get a work visa...thanx for the advice guys :beer:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Can you apply for citizenship yet? I know it's a hard process but it will make life so much easier. It's a pain in CA, don't ask me personally, my family has been here since the mayflower, but i do have alot of friends. I do know that it isn't that hard to stay in the country though after your visa has expired, i don't know how to do it.

But not being constatnly bounced around is a great thing, so even if the money isn't there, or isn't better, i think you will be happier, assuming you want to stay here.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
work visa comes first before i can apply for a green card or citizenship :furious: and to get the work visa, the company hiring me has to spend $6-7K to hire a lawyer to handle all the legal stuff... i'm pissed cos most companies know tht, so they lowball me on salary, but say tht the lawyer fee will make up for the rest :bash:

so yeah, i'm really poor :eek:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I don't know how it works, but i might be able to put you in touch with some savy people when it comes to that sort of stuff. I know a bunch of people who got around things. It helps when you work for someone who is foreign though.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
I don't know how it works, but i might be able to put you in touch with some savy people when it comes to that sort of stuff. I know a bunch of people who got around things. It helps when you work for someone who is foreign though.

haha... most chinese firms will give documentations, but u have to pay for everything!! most of my friends are doing this altho it is illegal to do so :p

i know a few ppl who has lawyer friends, so i gotta see if i can get some cheaper legal help if i do get a new job

Back